Oct 30, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
As I wrote last night, things are working well for the Atlanta Thrashers and Dustin Byfuglien so far. He has nine points in 10 games, including four goals and a whopping three game-winners already.
He made the shaky Buffalo Sabres defense look silly in overtime, deking his way through traffic to score a beauty against helpless goalie Ryan Miller.
Who knows if Byfuglien can keep this up, but one thing’s clear: Miller won’t approach his Vezina-winning 2009-10 level if his defense doesn’t give him a fair chance.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)