Oct 30, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
As I wrote last night, things are working well for the Atlanta Thrashers and Dustin Byfuglien so far. He has nine points in 10 games, including four goals and a whopping three game-winners already.
He made the shaky Buffalo Sabres defense look silly in overtime, deking his way through traffic to score a beauty against helpless goalie Ryan Miller.
Who knows if Byfuglien can keep this up, but one thing’s clear: Miller won’t approach his Vezina-winning 2009-10 level if his defense doesn’t give him a fair chance.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54