Oct 30, 2010, 1:36 PM EDT
While I haven’t been able to find an “official” video of the hit (click here for a Youtube version), Buffalo Sabres defenseman Shaone Morrisonn delivered a check on Atlanta Thrashers forward Bryan Little that left the former 30-goal scorer with a concussion and facial lacerations.
The Thrashers forward did not travel with the team due to a concussion and facial lacerations suffered in the first period of Friday’s game against the Sabres.
I will get another update when I get to the arena. I don’t know the severity of the concussion or the lacerations.
With Little out, Fredrik Modin will return to the lineup. No word on a forward call-up at the this point.
It seemed like a normal hit gone wrong, but feel free to correct me in the comments (it seems like my suspension-o-meter needs to be calibrated again). I haven’t heard any suspension/fine talk about the hit, though.
Hopefully Little is OK. He had a great season in 2008-09 and while he may not approach that 30-goal mark again, he’s one of the league’s most underrated forwards. We’ll pass along word on his status as it filters through, though.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)