Oct 30, 2010, 1:36 PM EDT
While I haven’t been able to find an “official” video of the hit (click here for a Youtube version), Buffalo Sabres defenseman Shaone Morrisonn delivered a check on Atlanta Thrashers forward Bryan Little that left the former 30-goal scorer with a concussion and facial lacerations.
The Thrashers forward did not travel with the team due to a concussion and facial lacerations suffered in the first period of Friday’s game against the Sabres.
I will get another update when I get to the arena. I don’t know the severity of the concussion or the lacerations.
With Little out, Fredrik Modin will return to the lineup. No word on a forward call-up at the this point.
It seemed like a normal hit gone wrong, but feel free to correct me in the comments (it seems like my suspension-o-meter needs to be calibrated again). I haven’t heard any suspension/fine talk about the hit, though.
Hopefully Little is OK. He had a great season in 2008-09 and while he may not approach that 30-goal mark again, he’s one of the league’s most underrated forwards. We’ll pass along word on his status as it filters through, though.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 0
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 17
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 23
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6