Oct 30, 2010, 1:36 PM EST
While I haven’t been able to find an “official” video of the hit (click here for a Youtube version), Buffalo Sabres defenseman Shaone Morrisonn delivered a check on Atlanta Thrashers forward Bryan Little that left the former 30-goal scorer with a concussion and facial lacerations.
The Thrashers forward did not travel with the team due to a concussion and facial lacerations suffered in the first period of Friday’s game against the Sabres.
I will get another update when I get to the arena. I don’t know the severity of the concussion or the lacerations.
With Little out, Fredrik Modin will return to the lineup. No word on a forward call-up at the this point.
It seemed like a normal hit gone wrong, but feel free to correct me in the comments (it seems like my suspension-o-meter needs to be calibrated again). I haven’t heard any suspension/fine talk about the hit, though.
Hopefully Little is OK. He had a great season in 2008-09 and while he may not approach that 30-goal mark again, he’s one of the league’s most underrated forwards. We’ll pass along word on his status as it filters through, though.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 18
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5