Oct 30, 2010, 1:36 PM EDT
While I haven’t been able to find an “official” video of the hit (click here for a Youtube version), Buffalo Sabres defenseman Shaone Morrisonn delivered a check on Atlanta Thrashers forward Bryan Little that left the former 30-goal scorer with a concussion and facial lacerations.
The Thrashers forward did not travel with the team due to a concussion and facial lacerations suffered in the first period of Friday’s game against the Sabres.
I will get another update when I get to the arena. I don’t know the severity of the concussion or the lacerations.
With Little out, Fredrik Modin will return to the lineup. No word on a forward call-up at the this point.
It seemed like a normal hit gone wrong, but feel free to correct me in the comments (it seems like my suspension-o-meter needs to be calibrated again). I haven’t heard any suspension/fine talk about the hit, though.
Hopefully Little is OK. He had a great season in 2008-09 and while he may not approach that 30-goal mark again, he’s one of the league’s most underrated forwards. We’ll pass along word on his status as it filters through, though.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 3
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 19
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)