Oct 30, 2010, 1:36 PM EST
While I haven’t been able to find an “official” video of the hit (click here for a Youtube version), Buffalo Sabres defenseman Shaone Morrisonn delivered a check on Atlanta Thrashers forward Bryan Little that left the former 30-goal scorer with a concussion and facial lacerations.
The Thrashers forward did not travel with the team due to a concussion and facial lacerations suffered in the first period of Friday’s game against the Sabres.
I will get another update when I get to the arena. I don’t know the severity of the concussion or the lacerations.
With Little out, Fredrik Modin will return to the lineup. No word on a forward call-up at the this point.
It seemed like a normal hit gone wrong, but feel free to correct me in the comments (it seems like my suspension-o-meter needs to be calibrated again). I haven’t heard any suspension/fine talk about the hit, though.
Hopefully Little is OK. He had a great season in 2008-09 and while he may not approach that 30-goal mark again, he’s one of the league’s most underrated forwards. We’ll pass along word on his status as it filters through, though.
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 3
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 11
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 10
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 60
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)