Oct 28, 2010, 10:52 AM EDT
Tough news for the Chicago Blackhawks last night, as super-skilled Marian Hossa left Wednesday’s game against the Los Angeles Kings with an upper body injury. You can see video of the injury at the bottom of this post.
Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune caught up with Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville, who wasn’t sure about the extent of Hossa’s injury.
When asked if Hossa’s injury is possibly serious, Hawks coach Joel Quenneville said: “I don’t know, we’ll see. Right now it’s too early to tell.”
Hossa skated just three shifts during the second and finished the game with 10 minutes 13 seconds of ice time.
Losing Hossa would be a considerable blow to the defending Stanley Cup champions. He’s been outstanding so far this season, scoring seven goals and four assists for 11 points in 11 games.
We’ll keep you updated on his status, as the Blackhawks will probably re-assess his health situation today.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 23
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 132
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 24
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (142)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)