Oct 28, 2010, 10:52 AM EDT
Tough news for the Chicago Blackhawks last night, as super-skilled Marian Hossa left Wednesday’s game against the Los Angeles Kings with an upper body injury. You can see video of the injury at the bottom of this post.
Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune caught up with Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville, who wasn’t sure about the extent of Hossa’s injury.
When asked if Hossa’s injury is possibly serious, Hawks coach Joel Quenneville said: “I don’t know, we’ll see. Right now it’s too early to tell.”
Hossa skated just three shifts during the second and finished the game with 10 minutes 13 seconds of ice time.
Losing Hossa would be a considerable blow to the defending Stanley Cup champions. He’s been outstanding so far this season, scoring seven goals and four assists for 11 points in 11 games.
We’ll keep you updated on his status, as the Blackhawks will probably re-assess his health situation today.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)