Oct 28, 2010, 10:52 AM EDT
Tough news for the Chicago Blackhawks last night, as super-skilled Marian Hossa left Wednesday’s game against the Los Angeles Kings with an upper body injury. You can see video of the injury at the bottom of this post.
Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune caught up with Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville, who wasn’t sure about the extent of Hossa’s injury.
When asked if Hossa’s injury is possibly serious, Hawks coach Joel Quenneville said: “I don’t know, we’ll see. Right now it’s too early to tell.”
Hossa skated just three shifts during the second and finished the game with 10 minutes 13 seconds of ice time.
Losing Hossa would be a considerable blow to the defending Stanley Cup champions. He’s been outstanding so far this season, scoring seven goals and four assists for 11 points in 11 games.
We’ll keep you updated on his status, as the Blackhawks will probably re-assess his health situation today.
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 12
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 35
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 6
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 41
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 89
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)