Oct 28, 2010, 10:52 AM EST
Tough news for the Chicago Blackhawks last night, as super-skilled Marian Hossa left Wednesday’s game against the Los Angeles Kings with an upper body injury. You can see video of the injury at the bottom of this post.
Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune caught up with Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville, who wasn’t sure about the extent of Hossa’s injury.
When asked if Hossa’s injury is possibly serious, Hawks coach Joel Quenneville said: “I don’t know, we’ll see. Right now it’s too early to tell.”
Hossa skated just three shifts during the second and finished the game with 10 minutes 13 seconds of ice time.
Losing Hossa would be a considerable blow to the defending Stanley Cup champions. He’s been outstanding so far this season, scoring seven goals and four assists for 11 points in 11 games.
We’ll keep you updated on his status, as the Blackhawks will probably re-assess his health situation today.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 18
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 4
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)