Oct 28, 2010, 10:52 AM EST
Tough news for the Chicago Blackhawks last night, as super-skilled Marian Hossa left Wednesday’s game against the Los Angeles Kings with an upper body injury. You can see video of the injury at the bottom of this post.
Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune caught up with Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville, who wasn’t sure about the extent of Hossa’s injury.
When asked if Hossa’s injury is possibly serious, Hawks coach Joel Quenneville said: “I don’t know, we’ll see. Right now it’s too early to tell.”
Hossa skated just three shifts during the second and finished the game with 10 minutes 13 seconds of ice time.
Losing Hossa would be a considerable blow to the defending Stanley Cup champions. He’s been outstanding so far this season, scoring seven goals and four assists for 11 points in 11 games.
We’ll keep you updated on his status, as the Blackhawks will probably re-assess his health situation today.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 48
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (51)