Oct 28, 2010, 12:20 PM EDT
While I’ll always remember him for the part he played in a ridiculous local commercial when he was a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Colby Armstrong is also known for his rugged style mixed with a touch of half-decent scoring ability. The Toronto Maple Leafs might have overpaid him a touch this summer, but he’s a valuable player and the team will miss him quite a bit.
Armstrong should miss four to six weeks because he will need surgery on his finger after injuring it during Tuesday’s game against the Florida Panthers.
Armstrong will need surgery after popping a tendon in his hand during Tuesday’s Leafs victory over the Panthers and will miss four-to-six weeks of action.
Another former Pittsburgh Penguin Luca Caputi will reportedly take Armstrong’s place in the lineup, at least for the time being.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)