Oct 28, 2010, 4:28 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville might have been more “in the dark” than “coy” when he discussed Marian Hossa’s injury last night. Quenneville provided a few more scraps of detail about the situation today, but only gave the terse explanation that Hossa will only miss a couple weeks.
Hossa left Wednesday’s game with an apparent arm or shoulder injury in the second period after falling near a corner on a Blackhawks power play. Officially, the team is deeming it an “upper body injury.”
“It’s not of a serious nature,” Quenneville said.
That’s mostly good news for the Blackhawks, as Hossa currently leads the team with 11 points (on seven goals and four assists in 11 games played).
It might be touch and go for “up to a couple of weeks” but we’ll pass along any updates regarding his readiness to return to action once it comes along.
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 38
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7