Oct 27, 2010, 1:04 AM EDT
It’s not officially time to panic yet for Colorado Avalanche fans, but it might just be time to get a little scared.
As you can see from the video at the bottom of this post, goalie Craig Anderson hurt himself during the team’s warmup drills before tonight’s game against the Vancouver Canucks. (We’ll have more on that game Wednesday morning, a 4-3 overtime win for Vancouver.) There aren’t any concrete details about how serious the injury was – and I’m not certain what type of injury Anderson actually suffered – but here are a few details from the Associated Press.
Backup goalie Peter Budaj started the game at Vancouver as scheduled, but Anderson wasn’t on the Avalanche bench when the game began.
A team official said after the second period that Anderson would fly back to Denver on Wednesday to be evaluated by doctors instead of going with the club to Calgary for a game on Thursday.
Anderson was a huge part of the Avalanche’s unexpected run to the playoffs last season and clearly was expected to carry the load this season, appearing in seven out of nine game so far this season. If he misses a significant amount of time, it would be a huge blow to Colorado’s hopes in 2010-11.
We’ll keep you updated as more information becomes available.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8