Oct 27, 2010, 1:04 AM EDT
It’s not officially time to panic yet for Colorado Avalanche fans, but it might just be time to get a little scared.
As you can see from the video at the bottom of this post, goalie Craig Anderson hurt himself during the team’s warmup drills before tonight’s game against the Vancouver Canucks. (We’ll have more on that game Wednesday morning, a 4-3 overtime win for Vancouver.) There aren’t any concrete details about how serious the injury was – and I’m not certain what type of injury Anderson actually suffered – but here are a few details from the Associated Press.
Backup goalie Peter Budaj started the game at Vancouver as scheduled, but Anderson wasn’t on the Avalanche bench when the game began.
A team official said after the second period that Anderson would fly back to Denver on Wednesday to be evaluated by doctors instead of going with the club to Calgary for a game on Thursday.
Anderson was a huge part of the Avalanche’s unexpected run to the playoffs last season and clearly was expected to carry the load this season, appearing in seven out of nine game so far this season. If he misses a significant amount of time, it would be a huge blow to Colorado’s hopes in 2010-11.
We’ll keep you updated as more information becomes available.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 42
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)