Oct 27, 2010, 1:04 AM EDT
It’s not officially time to panic yet for Colorado Avalanche fans, but it might just be time to get a little scared.
As you can see from the video at the bottom of this post, goalie Craig Anderson hurt himself during the team’s warmup drills before tonight’s game against the Vancouver Canucks. (We’ll have more on that game Wednesday morning, a 4-3 overtime win for Vancouver.) There aren’t any concrete details about how serious the injury was – and I’m not certain what type of injury Anderson actually suffered – but here are a few details from the Associated Press.
Backup goalie Peter Budaj started the game at Vancouver as scheduled, but Anderson wasn’t on the Avalanche bench when the game began.
A team official said after the second period that Anderson would fly back to Denver on Wednesday to be evaluated by doctors instead of going with the club to Calgary for a game on Thursday.
Anderson was a huge part of the Avalanche’s unexpected run to the playoffs last season and clearly was expected to carry the load this season, appearing in seven out of nine game so far this season. If he misses a significant amount of time, it would be a huge blow to Colorado’s hopes in 2010-11.
We’ll keep you updated as more information becomes available.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 36
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 27
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25