Oct 27, 2010, 1:04 AM EST
It’s not officially time to panic yet for Colorado Avalanche fans, but it might just be time to get a little scared.
As you can see from the video at the bottom of this post, goalie Craig Anderson hurt himself during the team’s warmup drills before tonight’s game against the Vancouver Canucks. (We’ll have more on that game Wednesday morning, a 4-3 overtime win for Vancouver.) There aren’t any concrete details about how serious the injury was – and I’m not certain what type of injury Anderson actually suffered – but here are a few details from the Associated Press.
Backup goalie Peter Budaj started the game at Vancouver as scheduled, but Anderson wasn’t on the Avalanche bench when the game began.
A team official said after the second period that Anderson would fly back to Denver on Wednesday to be evaluated by doctors instead of going with the club to Calgary for a game on Thursday.
Anderson was a huge part of the Avalanche’s unexpected run to the playoffs last season and clearly was expected to carry the load this season, appearing in seven out of nine game so far this season. If he misses a significant amount of time, it would be a huge blow to Colorado’s hopes in 2010-11.
We’ll keep you updated as more information becomes available.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14