Oct 27, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Every time I see this save from the behind the net angle (the second shot toward the end of this video), my brain tells me that Daniel Sedin’s shot hit the post. In fact, there’s a part of me that still feels that way to some extent.
But ultimately the first replay shows the truth: that Colorado Avalanche goalie Peter Budaj made an insane save on a fantastic one-timer between the Sedin twins. The Vancouver Canucks ended up winning this one in overtime, but Budaj kept the Avs in the game with a few big saves. (The second highly notable stop came when he robbed Manny Malhotra on a breakaway.)
It might not relieve all the tension surrounding Craig Anderson’s injury situation, but for at least one night, Budaj showed why he received some reps as a starting goalie in Colorado before “Andy” came along.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5