Oct 27, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Every time I see this save from the behind the net angle (the second shot toward the end of this video), my brain tells me that Daniel Sedin’s shot hit the post. In fact, there’s a part of me that still feels that way to some extent.
But ultimately the first replay shows the truth: that Colorado Avalanche goalie Peter Budaj made an insane save on a fantastic one-timer between the Sedin twins. The Vancouver Canucks ended up winning this one in overtime, but Budaj kept the Avs in the game with a few big saves. (The second highly notable stop came when he robbed Manny Malhotra on a breakaway.)
It might not relieve all the tension surrounding Craig Anderson’s injury situation, but for at least one night, Budaj showed why he received some reps as a starting goalie in Colorado before “Andy” came along.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 91
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 47
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63