Oct 27, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Every time I see this save from the behind the net angle (the second shot toward the end of this video), my brain tells me that Daniel Sedin’s shot hit the post. In fact, there’s a part of me that still feels that way to some extent.
But ultimately the first replay shows the truth: that Colorado Avalanche goalie Peter Budaj made an insane save on a fantastic one-timer between the Sedin twins. The Vancouver Canucks ended up winning this one in overtime, but Budaj kept the Avs in the game with a few big saves. (The second highly notable stop came when he robbed Manny Malhotra on a breakaway.)
It might not relieve all the tension surrounding Craig Anderson’s injury situation, but for at least one night, Budaj showed why he received some reps as a starting goalie in Colorado before “Andy” came along.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 19
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3