Oct 27, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Every time I see this save from the behind the net angle (the second shot toward the end of this video), my brain tells me that Daniel Sedin’s shot hit the post. In fact, there’s a part of me that still feels that way to some extent.
But ultimately the first replay shows the truth: that Colorado Avalanche goalie Peter Budaj made an insane save on a fantastic one-timer between the Sedin twins. The Vancouver Canucks ended up winning this one in overtime, but Budaj kept the Avs in the game with a few big saves. (The second highly notable stop came when he robbed Manny Malhotra on a breakaway.)
It might not relieve all the tension surrounding Craig Anderson’s injury situation, but for at least one night, Budaj showed why he received some reps as a starting goalie in Colorado before “Andy” came along.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40