Oct 27, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Every time I see this save from the behind the net angle (the second shot toward the end of this video), my brain tells me that Daniel Sedin’s shot hit the post. In fact, there’s a part of me that still feels that way to some extent.
But ultimately the first replay shows the truth: that Colorado Avalanche goalie Peter Budaj made an insane save on a fantastic one-timer between the Sedin twins. The Vancouver Canucks ended up winning this one in overtime, but Budaj kept the Avs in the game with a few big saves. (The second highly notable stop came when he robbed Manny Malhotra on a breakaway.)
It might not relieve all the tension surrounding Craig Anderson’s injury situation, but for at least one night, Budaj showed why he received some reps as a starting goalie in Colorado before “Andy” came along.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 26
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 19
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22