Oct 27, 2010, 11:45 AM EST
We covered most of last night’s action in this recap, but just in case you’re wondering what happened in Tuesday’s latest game, here’s a summary of the Vancouver Canucks-Colorado Avalanche game.
The biggest impact from this game might just have happened before the first puck even dropped. That’s because Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson is injured indefinitely after hurting his knee during a warm-up drill.
The other Avs goalie Peter Budaj faced a bit of his own bad luck on Mason Raymond’s overtime game-winner, according to the Associated Press recap.
[Jonas] Holos was skating with the puck near his net after a scrambled faceoff in the Avalanche end when Raymond reached out to knock it past a surprised Budaj.
That obviously doesn’t hurt as much as the possibility of losing Anderson for an extended amount of time, but … ouch. Roberto Luongo earned first star honors by stopping 36 out of 39 shots while Budaj was solid, stopping 27 out of 31.
In addition to Raymond, Ryan Kesler, Peter Schaefer and Jeff Tambellini scored for the Canucks. David Jones, Matt Duchene and Daniel Winnik provided goals for the Avalanche.
The win provides Vancouver a one-point lead on Colorado (10 points to nine points in nine games) for second place in the Northwest Division. A recent hot streak leaves the Calgary Flames in first place, with 12 points in nine games played.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)