Oct 27, 2010, 11:45 AM EST
We covered most of last night’s action in this recap, but just in case you’re wondering what happened in Tuesday’s latest game, here’s a summary of the Vancouver Canucks-Colorado Avalanche game.
The biggest impact from this game might just have happened before the first puck even dropped. That’s because Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson is injured indefinitely after hurting his knee during a warm-up drill.
The other Avs goalie Peter Budaj faced a bit of his own bad luck on Mason Raymond’s overtime game-winner, according to the Associated Press recap.
[Jonas] Holos was skating with the puck near his net after a scrambled faceoff in the Avalanche end when Raymond reached out to knock it past a surprised Budaj.
That obviously doesn’t hurt as much as the possibility of losing Anderson for an extended amount of time, but … ouch. Roberto Luongo earned first star honors by stopping 36 out of 39 shots while Budaj was solid, stopping 27 out of 31.
In addition to Raymond, Ryan Kesler, Peter Schaefer and Jeff Tambellini scored for the Canucks. David Jones, Matt Duchene and Daniel Winnik provided goals for the Avalanche.
The win provides Vancouver a one-point lead on Colorado (10 points to nine points in nine games) for second place in the Northwest Division. A recent hot streak leaves the Calgary Flames in first place, with 12 points in nine games played.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 28
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)