Oct 27, 2010, 11:45 AM EST
We covered most of last night’s action in this recap, but just in case you’re wondering what happened in Tuesday’s latest game, here’s a summary of the Vancouver Canucks-Colorado Avalanche game.
The biggest impact from this game might just have happened before the first puck even dropped. That’s because Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson is injured indefinitely after hurting his knee during a warm-up drill.
The other Avs goalie Peter Budaj faced a bit of his own bad luck on Mason Raymond’s overtime game-winner, according to the Associated Press recap.
[Jonas] Holos was skating with the puck near his net after a scrambled faceoff in the Avalanche end when Raymond reached out to knock it past a surprised Budaj.
That obviously doesn’t hurt as much as the possibility of losing Anderson for an extended amount of time, but … ouch. Roberto Luongo earned first star honors by stopping 36 out of 39 shots while Budaj was solid, stopping 27 out of 31.
In addition to Raymond, Ryan Kesler, Peter Schaefer and Jeff Tambellini scored for the Canucks. David Jones, Matt Duchene and Daniel Winnik provided goals for the Avalanche.
The win provides Vancouver a one-point lead on Colorado (10 points to nine points in nine games) for second place in the Northwest Division. A recent hot streak leaves the Calgary Flames in first place, with 12 points in nine games played.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54