Oct 27, 2010, 11:45 AM EDT
We covered most of last night’s action in this recap, but just in case you’re wondering what happened in Tuesday’s latest game, here’s a summary of the Vancouver Canucks-Colorado Avalanche game.
The biggest impact from this game might just have happened before the first puck even dropped. That’s because Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson is injured indefinitely after hurting his knee during a warm-up drill.
The other Avs goalie Peter Budaj faced a bit of his own bad luck on Mason Raymond’s overtime game-winner, according to the Associated Press recap.
[Jonas] Holos was skating with the puck near his net after a scrambled faceoff in the Avalanche end when Raymond reached out to knock it past a surprised Budaj.
That obviously doesn’t hurt as much as the possibility of losing Anderson for an extended amount of time, but … ouch. Roberto Luongo earned first star honors by stopping 36 out of 39 shots while Budaj was solid, stopping 27 out of 31.
In addition to Raymond, Ryan Kesler, Peter Schaefer and Jeff Tambellini scored for the Canucks. David Jones, Matt Duchene and Daniel Winnik provided goals for the Avalanche.
The win provides Vancouver a one-point lead on Colorado (10 points to nine points in nine games) for second place in the Northwest Division. A recent hot streak leaves the Calgary Flames in first place, with 12 points in nine games played.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)