Oct 27, 2010, 11:45 AM EDT
We covered most of last night’s action in this recap, but just in case you’re wondering what happened in Tuesday’s latest game, here’s a summary of the Vancouver Canucks-Colorado Avalanche game.
The biggest impact from this game might just have happened before the first puck even dropped. That’s because Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson is injured indefinitely after hurting his knee during a warm-up drill.
The other Avs goalie Peter Budaj faced a bit of his own bad luck on Mason Raymond’s overtime game-winner, according to the Associated Press recap.
[Jonas] Holos was skating with the puck near his net after a scrambled faceoff in the Avalanche end when Raymond reached out to knock it past a surprised Budaj.
That obviously doesn’t hurt as much as the possibility of losing Anderson for an extended amount of time, but … ouch. Roberto Luongo earned first star honors by stopping 36 out of 39 shots while Budaj was solid, stopping 27 out of 31.
In addition to Raymond, Ryan Kesler, Peter Schaefer and Jeff Tambellini scored for the Canucks. David Jones, Matt Duchene and Daniel Winnik provided goals for the Avalanche.
The win provides Vancouver a one-point lead on Colorado (10 points to nine points in nine games) for second place in the Northwest Division. A recent hot streak leaves the Calgary Flames in first place, with 12 points in nine games played.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)