Oct 27, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Say what you will about their “techniques,” but Calgary Flames forward Olli Jokinen and Edmonton Oilers forward Sam Gagner really threw some passionate knuckle sandwiches in last night’s entry in the Battle of Alberta.
The pugilistic pundits at Hockey Fights.com awarded Gagner the win with 57.6 percent of the votes, while Jokinen and “draw” received 21.2 percent each. (Oddly enough, one commenter described the passionate, yet technique-light fight in a very similar way that I did. Good to know you’re not crazy/there’s someone equally crazy.)
So, the question is, which out-of-left-field finesse player will fight next? It’s been a while since Vincent Lecavalier got his pretty face dirty … just saying.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32