Oct 27, 2010, 10:27 PM EDT
You might recall a while back when we told you about how hockey coach and noted sexual predator, and tormentor of former NHLers Theoren Fleury and Sheldon Kennedy, Graham James was being pursued by Winnipeg police once again concerning allegations that were brought against him by Fleury. As it turns out, James has turned himself over to Winnipeg authorities and was arrested tonight in Toronto.
Police say Mr. James gave himself up at Toronto’s Pearson International airport Wednesday morning and was escorted to Winnipeg, where he was being held in custody.
Police say he surrendered by mutual agreement. No further details have been released.
Interesting to note that he surrendered under a special agreement. It was a special agreement of another kind that allowed James to be pardoned back in 2007. Once James was pardoned, he made his way out of Canada to Guadalajara, Mexico where he was living in hiding, even though his agent said he wasn’t hiding at all.
When both Sheldon Kennedy and Theo Fleury wrote books describing the disgusting hell that James put them both through that lead to personal problems for both of them, it opened the eyes of the rest of the junior hockey community as James was once a well-respected junior coach. Not anymore, however, as James is universally reviled after the lid was taken off of all the terrible things he’s done from a position of influence over young boys. Justice can’t come swiftly enough to get James behind bars.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)