Oct 27, 2010, 10:27 PM EDT
You might recall a while back when we told you about how hockey coach and noted sexual predator, and tormentor of former NHLers Theoren Fleury and Sheldon Kennedy, Graham James was being pursued by Winnipeg police once again concerning allegations that were brought against him by Fleury. As it turns out, James has turned himself over to Winnipeg authorities and was arrested tonight in Toronto.
Police say Mr. James gave himself up at Toronto’s Pearson International airport Wednesday morning and was escorted to Winnipeg, where he was being held in custody.
Police say he surrendered by mutual agreement. No further details have been released.
Interesting to note that he surrendered under a special agreement. It was a special agreement of another kind that allowed James to be pardoned back in 2007. Once James was pardoned, he made his way out of Canada to Guadalajara, Mexico where he was living in hiding, even though his agent said he wasn’t hiding at all.
When both Sheldon Kennedy and Theo Fleury wrote books describing the disgusting hell that James put them both through that lead to personal problems for both of them, it opened the eyes of the rest of the junior hockey community as James was once a well-respected junior coach. Not anymore, however, as James is universally reviled after the lid was taken off of all the terrible things he’s done from a position of influence over young boys. Justice can’t come swiftly enough to get James behind bars.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 12
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)