Oct 27, 2010, 10:27 PM EDT
You might recall a while back when we told you about how hockey coach and noted sexual predator, and tormentor of former NHLers Theoren Fleury and Sheldon Kennedy, Graham James was being pursued by Winnipeg police once again concerning allegations that were brought against him by Fleury. As it turns out, James has turned himself over to Winnipeg authorities and was arrested tonight in Toronto.
Police say Mr. James gave himself up at Toronto’s Pearson International airport Wednesday morning and was escorted to Winnipeg, where he was being held in custody.
Police say he surrendered by mutual agreement. No further details have been released.
Interesting to note that he surrendered under a special agreement. It was a special agreement of another kind that allowed James to be pardoned back in 2007. Once James was pardoned, he made his way out of Canada to Guadalajara, Mexico where he was living in hiding, even though his agent said he wasn’t hiding at all.
When both Sheldon Kennedy and Theo Fleury wrote books describing the disgusting hell that James put them both through that lead to personal problems for both of them, it opened the eyes of the rest of the junior hockey community as James was once a well-respected junior coach. Not anymore, however, as James is universally reviled after the lid was taken off of all the terrible things he’s done from a position of influence over young boys. Justice can’t come swiftly enough to get James behind bars.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)