Oct 27, 2010, 10:27 PM EDT
You might recall a while back when we told you about how hockey coach and noted sexual predator, and tormentor of former NHLers Theoren Fleury and Sheldon Kennedy, Graham James was being pursued by Winnipeg police once again concerning allegations that were brought against him by Fleury. As it turns out, James has turned himself over to Winnipeg authorities and was arrested tonight in Toronto.
Police say Mr. James gave himself up at Toronto’s Pearson International airport Wednesday morning and was escorted to Winnipeg, where he was being held in custody.
Police say he surrendered by mutual agreement. No further details have been released.
Interesting to note that he surrendered under a special agreement. It was a special agreement of another kind that allowed James to be pardoned back in 2007. Once James was pardoned, he made his way out of Canada to Guadalajara, Mexico where he was living in hiding, even though his agent said he wasn’t hiding at all.
When both Sheldon Kennedy and Theo Fleury wrote books describing the disgusting hell that James put them both through that lead to personal problems for both of them, it opened the eyes of the rest of the junior hockey community as James was once a well-respected junior coach. Not anymore, however, as James is universally reviled after the lid was taken off of all the terrible things he’s done from a position of influence over young boys. Justice can’t come swiftly enough to get James behind bars.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15