Oct 27, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
There were some impressive goals tonight, no doubt about it. Jay Bouwmeester made a nice backdoor cut to score a power-play goal for the Calgary Flames. Jordan Eberle scored a beauty himself. Erik Karlsson and Alexei Kovalev broke an Ottawa Senators record by scoring two goals within nine seconds.
But sometimes you just have to go with the beautiful choice and Magnus Paajarvi’s latest highlight reel goal is Scarlett Johansson (or for the ladies … um, maybe the dude that played Wolverine* or something?) in a tight shirt.
Seriously, though, bask in its beauty. The pass is outstanding, Paajarvi makes a great play to catch the pass and then makes a mind erasing move to score the goal. The Oilers ended up losing the game in overtime, but they won the beauty contest.
* – I know that a) Hugh Jackman played Wolverine and b) that was a poor effort. I’m very sorry.
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 9
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 31
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 65
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)