Oct 27, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
There were some impressive goals tonight, no doubt about it. Jay Bouwmeester made a nice backdoor cut to score a power-play goal for the Calgary Flames. Jordan Eberle scored a beauty himself. Erik Karlsson and Alexei Kovalev broke an Ottawa Senators record by scoring two goals within nine seconds.
But sometimes you just have to go with the beautiful choice and Magnus Paajarvi’s latest highlight reel goal is Scarlett Johansson (or for the ladies … um, maybe the dude that played Wolverine* or something?) in a tight shirt.
Seriously, though, bask in its beauty. The pass is outstanding, Paajarvi makes a great play to catch the pass and then makes a mind erasing move to score the goal. The Oilers ended up losing the game in overtime, but they won the beauty contest.
* – I know that a) Hugh Jackman played Wolverine and b) that was a poor effort. I’m very sorry.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 4
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 19
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)