Oct 27, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
There were some impressive goals tonight, no doubt about it. Jay Bouwmeester made a nice backdoor cut to score a power-play goal for the Calgary Flames. Jordan Eberle scored a beauty himself. Erik Karlsson and Alexei Kovalev broke an Ottawa Senators record by scoring two goals within nine seconds.
But sometimes you just have to go with the beautiful choice and Magnus Paajarvi’s latest highlight reel goal is Scarlett Johansson (or for the ladies … um, maybe the dude that played Wolverine* or something?) in a tight shirt.
Seriously, though, bask in its beauty. The pass is outstanding, Paajarvi makes a great play to catch the pass and then makes a mind erasing move to score the goal. The Oilers ended up losing the game in overtime, but they won the beauty contest.
* – I know that a) Hugh Jackman played Wolverine and b) that was a poor effort. I’m very sorry.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 61
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (61)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)