Oct 27, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
There were some impressive goals tonight, no doubt about it. Jay Bouwmeester made a nice backdoor cut to score a power-play goal for the Calgary Flames. Jordan Eberle scored a beauty himself. Erik Karlsson and Alexei Kovalev broke an Ottawa Senators record by scoring two goals within nine seconds.
But sometimes you just have to go with the beautiful choice and Magnus Paajarvi’s latest highlight reel goal is Scarlett Johansson (or for the ladies … um, maybe the dude that played Wolverine* or something?) in a tight shirt.
Seriously, though, bask in its beauty. The pass is outstanding, Paajarvi makes a great play to catch the pass and then makes a mind erasing move to score the goal. The Oilers ended up losing the game in overtime, but they won the beauty contest.
* – I know that a) Hugh Jackman played Wolverine and b) that was a poor effort. I’m very sorry.
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 7
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 6
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 31
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 53
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 83
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut