Oct 27, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
There were some impressive goals tonight, no doubt about it. Jay Bouwmeester made a nice backdoor cut to score a power-play goal for the Calgary Flames. Jordan Eberle scored a beauty himself. Erik Karlsson and Alexei Kovalev broke an Ottawa Senators record by scoring two goals within nine seconds.
But sometimes you just have to go with the beautiful choice and Magnus Paajarvi’s latest highlight reel goal is Scarlett Johansson (or for the ladies … um, maybe the dude that played Wolverine* or something?) in a tight shirt.
Seriously, though, bask in its beauty. The pass is outstanding, Paajarvi makes a great play to catch the pass and then makes a mind erasing move to score the goal. The Oilers ended up losing the game in overtime, but they won the beauty contest.
* – I know that a) Hugh Jackman played Wolverine and b) that was a poor effort. I’m very sorry.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)