Oct 26, 2010, 9:56 PM EDT
We already passed along word that Atlanta Thrashers goalie Ondrej Pavelec was activated from the injured reserve yesterday, yet it seems like the good news keeps trickling in. He might not be 100 percent ready at this moment, but it sounds like Pavelec could be back as soon as the end of this week.
The team announced that they reassigned him to the AHL’s Chicago Wolves for a conditioning stint that will give him the opportunity to assess his health and readiness.
While it’s far from a guarantee, Thrashers coach Craig Ramsay guessed that Pavelec might play during Saturday’s game against the St. Louis Blues, according to Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Pavelec said he felt fine following Monday’s practice, the first full workout he’s had since being cleared from concussion symptoms. He said he still needs another practice or two to get fully used to the speed of the game again.
The Thrashers have three games this week – Wednesday at the Rangers, Friday versus the Sabres and Saturday at the Blues. Coach Craig Ramsay said it looks like Pavelec’s return could come against the Blues.
So, again, it’s not set stone but it would be great to see Pavelec suit up again. He’s already come a long way since that scary opening night collapse, but perhaps in a few months this will all be far behind him.
We’ll keep you up to date on any news about his next start, whether it happens on Saturday or a little further down the road.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 31
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 9
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 56
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1