Oct 26, 2010, 9:56 PM EDT
We already passed along word that Atlanta Thrashers goalie Ondrej Pavelec was activated from the injured reserve yesterday, yet it seems like the good news keeps trickling in. He might not be 100 percent ready at this moment, but it sounds like Pavelec could be back as soon as the end of this week.
The team announced that they reassigned him to the AHL’s Chicago Wolves for a conditioning stint that will give him the opportunity to assess his health and readiness.
While it’s far from a guarantee, Thrashers coach Craig Ramsay guessed that Pavelec might play during Saturday’s game against the St. Louis Blues, according to Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Pavelec said he felt fine following Monday’s practice, the first full workout he’s had since being cleared from concussion symptoms. He said he still needs another practice or two to get fully used to the speed of the game again.
The Thrashers have three games this week – Wednesday at the Rangers, Friday versus the Sabres and Saturday at the Blues. Coach Craig Ramsay said it looks like Pavelec’s return could come against the Blues.
So, again, it’s not set stone but it would be great to see Pavelec suit up again. He’s already come a long way since that scary opening night collapse, but perhaps in a few months this will all be far behind him.
We’ll keep you up to date on any news about his next start, whether it happens on Saturday or a little further down the road.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)