Oct 26, 2010, 3:09 PM EST
When deposed Oilers defenseman Sheldon Souray was loaned to the AHL Hershey Bears, people figured that he’d be a man amongst the youth in the minor leagues and stand out as a professional. When people figured that Souray would bring his NHL style to the AHL, they didn’t quite know how serious he was. Last season with Edmonton, Souray broke his hand in a fight and as it turns out, he’s managed to do the same thing now with the Hershey Bears.
Sheldon Souray broke his hand in a fight with Matt Clackson of Adirondack and is out for two weeks, reportsTim Leone, hockey writer for the Patriot News.
“Turns out Clackson did some damage to Hershey last weekend. With his face,” Leone tweeted.
“Bears head coach Mark French said the break (of Souray’s hand) is not deemed serious and is expected to sideline the defenseman for two weeks.”
We know that players can get caught up in the heat of the moment in a game and Souray has his moments where he’s capable of throwing down, but dealing with a guy like Matt Clackson who is, for all intents and purposes, a low-level AHL goon it shows that Souray is seriously lacking in solid decision making. That same brand of poor decision making lead to Souray falling out of the grace with the Edmonton front office when he demanded to be traded back in April and wasn’t allowed to come to training camp with the team this fall. If Souray wants to prove to NHL teams he’s capable of coming back to the NHL and helping out another team, he might want to start by showing he can make better decisions on the ice.
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 0
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 5
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 9
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)