Oct 26, 2010, 3:09 PM EDT
When deposed Oilers defenseman Sheldon Souray was loaned to the AHL Hershey Bears, people figured that he’d be a man amongst the youth in the minor leagues and stand out as a professional. When people figured that Souray would bring his NHL style to the AHL, they didn’t quite know how serious he was. Last season with Edmonton, Souray broke his hand in a fight and as it turns out, he’s managed to do the same thing now with the Hershey Bears.
Sheldon Souray broke his hand in a fight with Matt Clackson of Adirondack and is out for two weeks, reportsTim Leone, hockey writer for the Patriot News.
“Turns out Clackson did some damage to Hershey last weekend. With his face,” Leone tweeted.
“Bears head coach Mark French said the break (of Souray’s hand) is not deemed serious and is expected to sideline the defenseman for two weeks.”
We know that players can get caught up in the heat of the moment in a game and Souray has his moments where he’s capable of throwing down, but dealing with a guy like Matt Clackson who is, for all intents and purposes, a low-level AHL goon it shows that Souray is seriously lacking in solid decision making. That same brand of poor decision making lead to Souray falling out of the grace with the Edmonton front office when he demanded to be traded back in April and wasn’t allowed to come to training camp with the team this fall. If Souray wants to prove to NHL teams he’s capable of coming back to the NHL and helping out another team, he might want to start by showing he can make better decisions on the ice.
- Risk Factors: Philadelphia Flyers edition 0
- Risk Factors: St. Louis Blues edition 7
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 18
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Pittsburgh releases Daniel Carcillo from tryout (26)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)