Oct 26, 2010, 3:09 PM EST
When deposed Oilers defenseman Sheldon Souray was loaned to the AHL Hershey Bears, people figured that he’d be a man amongst the youth in the minor leagues and stand out as a professional. When people figured that Souray would bring his NHL style to the AHL, they didn’t quite know how serious he was. Last season with Edmonton, Souray broke his hand in a fight and as it turns out, he’s managed to do the same thing now with the Hershey Bears.
Sheldon Souray broke his hand in a fight with Matt Clackson of Adirondack and is out for two weeks, reportsTim Leone, hockey writer for the Patriot News.
“Turns out Clackson did some damage to Hershey last weekend. With his face,” Leone tweeted.
“Bears head coach Mark French said the break (of Souray’s hand) is not deemed serious and is expected to sideline the defenseman for two weeks.”
We know that players can get caught up in the heat of the moment in a game and Souray has his moments where he’s capable of throwing down, but dealing with a guy like Matt Clackson who is, for all intents and purposes, a low-level AHL goon it shows that Souray is seriously lacking in solid decision making. That same brand of poor decision making lead to Souray falling out of the grace with the Edmonton front office when he demanded to be traded back in April and wasn’t allowed to come to training camp with the team this fall. If Souray wants to prove to NHL teams he’s capable of coming back to the NHL and helping out another team, he might want to start by showing he can make better decisions on the ice.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)