Oct 26, 2010, 3:09 PM EDT
When deposed Oilers defenseman Sheldon Souray was loaned to the AHL Hershey Bears, people figured that he’d be a man amongst the youth in the minor leagues and stand out as a professional. When people figured that Souray would bring his NHL style to the AHL, they didn’t quite know how serious he was. Last season with Edmonton, Souray broke his hand in a fight and as it turns out, he’s managed to do the same thing now with the Hershey Bears.
Sheldon Souray broke his hand in a fight with Matt Clackson of Adirondack and is out for two weeks, reportsTim Leone, hockey writer for the Patriot News.
“Turns out Clackson did some damage to Hershey last weekend. With his face,” Leone tweeted.
“Bears head coach Mark French said the break (of Souray’s hand) is not deemed serious and is expected to sideline the defenseman for two weeks.”
We know that players can get caught up in the heat of the moment in a game and Souray has his moments where he’s capable of throwing down, but dealing with a guy like Matt Clackson who is, for all intents and purposes, a low-level AHL goon it shows that Souray is seriously lacking in solid decision making. That same brand of poor decision making lead to Souray falling out of the grace with the Edmonton front office when he demanded to be traded back in April and wasn’t allowed to come to training camp with the team this fall. If Souray wants to prove to NHL teams he’s capable of coming back to the NHL and helping out another team, he might want to start by showing he can make better decisions on the ice.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)