Oct 26, 2010, 3:09 PM EDT
When deposed Oilers defenseman Sheldon Souray was loaned to the AHL Hershey Bears, people figured that he’d be a man amongst the youth in the minor leagues and stand out as a professional. When people figured that Souray would bring his NHL style to the AHL, they didn’t quite know how serious he was. Last season with Edmonton, Souray broke his hand in a fight and as it turns out, he’s managed to do the same thing now with the Hershey Bears.
Sheldon Souray broke his hand in a fight with Matt Clackson of Adirondack and is out for two weeks, reportsTim Leone, hockey writer for the Patriot News.
“Turns out Clackson did some damage to Hershey last weekend. With his face,” Leone tweeted.
“Bears head coach Mark French said the break (of Souray’s hand) is not deemed serious and is expected to sideline the defenseman for two weeks.”
We know that players can get caught up in the heat of the moment in a game and Souray has his moments where he’s capable of throwing down, but dealing with a guy like Matt Clackson who is, for all intents and purposes, a low-level AHL goon it shows that Souray is seriously lacking in solid decision making. That same brand of poor decision making lead to Souray falling out of the grace with the Edmonton front office when he demanded to be traded back in April and wasn’t allowed to come to training camp with the team this fall. If Souray wants to prove to NHL teams he’s capable of coming back to the NHL and helping out another team, he might want to start by showing he can make better decisions on the ice.
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 3
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)