Oct 26, 2010, 3:40 PM EDT
Kings fans can breathe a little easier today. Last night Kings captain Dustin Brown was given a five-minute major and a game misconduct for a head shot on Wild forward Antti Miettinen. With the NHL’s new rule regarding reckless and blindside blows to the head, Brown’s seemingly tough hit on Miettinen could’ve been cited for discipline by the league.
As it turns out, the league won’t be seeking additional punishment according to Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times.
No supplementary discipline for Kings’ Dustin Brown after hit on Mietinnen…right call. Five and game were enough
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 0
- In praise of John Tavares 9
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 17
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36