Oct 26, 2010, 3:40 PM EDT
Kings fans can breathe a little easier today. Last night Kings captain Dustin Brown was given a five-minute major and a game misconduct for a head shot on Wild forward Antti Miettinen. With the NHL’s new rule regarding reckless and blindside blows to the head, Brown’s seemingly tough hit on Miettinen could’ve been cited for discipline by the league.
As it turns out, the league won’t be seeking additional punishment according to Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times.
No supplementary discipline for Kings’ Dustin Brown after hit on Mietinnen…right call. Five and game were enough
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25