Oct 26, 2010, 4:06 PM EDT
You’d have to think that getting your nose broken would be a pretty standard injury in the NHL. Pucks are flying around, sticks get lifted, punches get thrown. These are all perils for your nose on the ice. It still hurts just the same, however, and for Anaheim Ducks forward Dan Sexton, a shot from Detroit’s Ruslan Salei is the reason he’ll be out of action for two weeks.
According to coach Randy Carlyle, multiple small fractures were found in the nasal area after Sexton visited a specialist on Monday afternoon upon returning home. Sexton should be cleared after the two-week timetable but could need an additional few days to get back into game shape.
“His nose is pretty mushed,” Carlyle said. “Not just a simple break. Two weeks probably until he starts physical activity. That’s a long enough period of time for sure.”
Sexton is a depth forward for the Ducks but he’s a guy that’s managed to work his way into the lineup and do his job for them despite not winning a job out of training camp. Let’s just hope that Randy Carlyle doesn’t also use this in his diatribe against playing games in Detroit. After all, I don’t think hockey pucks are made there.
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 0
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 2
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 28
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)