Oct 26, 2010, 4:06 PM EDT
You’d have to think that getting your nose broken would be a pretty standard injury in the NHL. Pucks are flying around, sticks get lifted, punches get thrown. These are all perils for your nose on the ice. It still hurts just the same, however, and for Anaheim Ducks forward Dan Sexton, a shot from Detroit’s Ruslan Salei is the reason he’ll be out of action for two weeks.
According to coach Randy Carlyle, multiple small fractures were found in the nasal area after Sexton visited a specialist on Monday afternoon upon returning home. Sexton should be cleared after the two-week timetable but could need an additional few days to get back into game shape.
“His nose is pretty mushed,” Carlyle said. “Not just a simple break. Two weeks probably until he starts physical activity. That’s a long enough period of time for sure.”
Sexton is a depth forward for the Ducks but he’s a guy that’s managed to work his way into the lineup and do his job for them despite not winning a job out of training camp. Let’s just hope that Randy Carlyle doesn’t also use this in his diatribe against playing games in Detroit. After all, I don’t think hockey pucks are made there.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 0
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 29
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)