Oct 26, 2010, 4:06 PM EDT
You’d have to think that getting your nose broken would be a pretty standard injury in the NHL. Pucks are flying around, sticks get lifted, punches get thrown. These are all perils for your nose on the ice. It still hurts just the same, however, and for Anaheim Ducks forward Dan Sexton, a shot from Detroit’s Ruslan Salei is the reason he’ll be out of action for two weeks.
According to coach Randy Carlyle, multiple small fractures were found in the nasal area after Sexton visited a specialist on Monday afternoon upon returning home. Sexton should be cleared after the two-week timetable but could need an additional few days to get back into game shape.
“His nose is pretty mushed,” Carlyle said. “Not just a simple break. Two weeks probably until he starts physical activity. That’s a long enough period of time for sure.”
Sexton is a depth forward for the Ducks but he’s a guy that’s managed to work his way into the lineup and do his job for them despite not winning a job out of training camp. Let’s just hope that Randy Carlyle doesn’t also use this in his diatribe against playing games in Detroit. After all, I don’t think hockey pucks are made there.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)