Oct 25, 2010, 1:34 PM EDT
Reports out of Columbus indicate that Blue Jackets forward Rick Nash was fined (but not suspended) for a high-sticking infraction against Calgary Flames defenseman Mark Giordano. Here is the report from the Columbus Dispatch via TSN.
The Columbus Dispatch is reporting that Blue Jackets forward Rick Nash has been fined $2,500 by the NHL for a high-stick he delivered to Calgary Flames defenceman Mark Giordano during Friday’s Jackets loss.
The infraction occurred early in the second period of the Flames 6-2 victory. Nash was assessed a two minute minor on the play.
As you can see, he was already penalized for the high-stick, so it must have been a pretty reckless play for Nash to get an additional fine. Obviously, it wasn’t enough for the league to suspend the star forward, though.
It’s been a rough beginning of the season for the Blue Jackets (at home at least) so perhaps the slight embarrassment caused by this fine will be a wake-up call for their team’s clear leader and best player.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)