Oct 25, 2010, 1:34 PM EDT
Reports out of Columbus indicate that Blue Jackets forward Rick Nash was fined (but not suspended) for a high-sticking infraction against Calgary Flames defenseman Mark Giordano. Here is the report from the Columbus Dispatch via TSN.
The Columbus Dispatch is reporting that Blue Jackets forward Rick Nash has been fined $2,500 by the NHL for a high-stick he delivered to Calgary Flames defenceman Mark Giordano during Friday’s Jackets loss.
The infraction occurred early in the second period of the Flames 6-2 victory. Nash was assessed a two minute minor on the play.
As you can see, he was already penalized for the high-stick, so it must have been a pretty reckless play for Nash to get an additional fine. Obviously, it wasn’t enough for the league to suspend the star forward, though.
It’s been a rough beginning of the season for the Blue Jackets (at home at least) so perhaps the slight embarrassment caused by this fine will be a wake-up call for their team’s clear leader and best player.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 8
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 7
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 93
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)