Oct 25, 2010, 1:34 PM EDT
Reports out of Columbus indicate that Blue Jackets forward Rick Nash was fined (but not suspended) for a high-sticking infraction against Calgary Flames defenseman Mark Giordano. Here is the report from the Columbus Dispatch via TSN.
The Columbus Dispatch is reporting that Blue Jackets forward Rick Nash has been fined $2,500 by the NHL for a high-stick he delivered to Calgary Flames defenceman Mark Giordano during Friday’s Jackets loss.
The infraction occurred early in the second period of the Flames 6-2 victory. Nash was assessed a two minute minor on the play.
As you can see, he was already penalized for the high-stick, so it must have been a pretty reckless play for Nash to get an additional fine. Obviously, it wasn’t enough for the league to suspend the star forward, though.
It’s been a rough beginning of the season for the Blue Jackets (at home at least) so perhaps the slight embarrassment caused by this fine will be a wake-up call for their team’s clear leader and best player.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 3
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 18
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)