Oct 25, 2010, 1:34 PM EDT
Reports out of Columbus indicate that Blue Jackets forward Rick Nash was fined (but not suspended) for a high-sticking infraction against Calgary Flames defenseman Mark Giordano. Here is the report from the Columbus Dispatch via TSN.
The Columbus Dispatch is reporting that Blue Jackets forward Rick Nash has been fined $2,500 by the NHL for a high-stick he delivered to Calgary Flames defenceman Mark Giordano during Friday’s Jackets loss.
The infraction occurred early in the second period of the Flames 6-2 victory. Nash was assessed a two minute minor on the play.
As you can see, he was already penalized for the high-stick, so it must have been a pretty reckless play for Nash to get an additional fine. Obviously, it wasn’t enough for the league to suspend the star forward, though.
It’s been a rough beginning of the season for the Blue Jackets (at home at least) so perhaps the slight embarrassment caused by this fine will be a wake-up call for their team’s clear leader and best player.
- Report: Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 18
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 11
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 3
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 25
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)