Oct 25, 2010, 1:34 PM EST
Reports out of Columbus indicate that Blue Jackets forward Rick Nash was fined (but not suspended) for a high-sticking infraction against Calgary Flames defenseman Mark Giordano. Here is the report from the Columbus Dispatch via TSN.
The Columbus Dispatch is reporting that Blue Jackets forward Rick Nash has been fined $2,500 by the NHL for a high-stick he delivered to Calgary Flames defenceman Mark Giordano during Friday’s Jackets loss.
The infraction occurred early in the second period of the Flames 6-2 victory. Nash was assessed a two minute minor on the play.
As you can see, he was already penalized for the high-stick, so it must have been a pretty reckless play for Nash to get an additional fine. Obviously, it wasn’t enough for the league to suspend the star forward, though.
It’s been a rough beginning of the season for the Blue Jackets (at home at least) so perhaps the slight embarrassment caused by this fine will be a wake-up call for their team’s clear leader and best player.
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 2
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)