Oct 25, 2010, 2:39 PM EDT
Good news out of Montreal, although it seems like things are still in the air a bit for valuable defenseman Andrei Markov. TSN has the word on the talented offensive defenseman’s injury status.
Andrei Markov was cleared for contact drills Monday and the club will seek final clearance from team doctors later this week. They are targeting Markov’s return for Friday or Saturday.
The most importance phrase in that paragraph is “the club will seek final clearance from team doctors later this week.” In other words, all that optimism could be for nothing if he doesn’t get the medical go-ahead.
Still, it’s been a long and bumpy road to recovery for Markov, who seems like he’s faced a lot of setbacks in the process. If nothing else, it sounds like the Russian blueliner can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
The Canadiens could use his help, too, as they only converted one out of 24 power play chances so far this season after being one of the most efficient units during the 2009-10 season.
- BREAKING: Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 0
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 17
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 9
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 49
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)