Oct 25, 2010, 2:39 PM EDT
Good news out of Montreal, although it seems like things are still in the air a bit for valuable defenseman Andrei Markov. TSN has the word on the talented offensive defenseman’s injury status.
Andrei Markov was cleared for contact drills Monday and the club will seek final clearance from team doctors later this week. They are targeting Markov’s return for Friday or Saturday.
The most importance phrase in that paragraph is “the club will seek final clearance from team doctors later this week.” In other words, all that optimism could be for nothing if he doesn’t get the medical go-ahead.
Still, it’s been a long and bumpy road to recovery for Markov, who seems like he’s faced a lot of setbacks in the process. If nothing else, it sounds like the Russian blueliner can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
The Canadiens could use his help, too, as they only converted one out of 24 power play chances so far this season after being one of the most efficient units during the 2009-10 season.
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 0
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 27
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 33
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona