Oct 25, 2010, 2:39 PM EDT
Good news out of Montreal, although it seems like things are still in the air a bit for valuable defenseman Andrei Markov. TSN has the word on the talented offensive defenseman’s injury status.
Andrei Markov was cleared for contact drills Monday and the club will seek final clearance from team doctors later this week. They are targeting Markov’s return for Friday or Saturday.
The most importance phrase in that paragraph is “the club will seek final clearance from team doctors later this week.” In other words, all that optimism could be for nothing if he doesn’t get the medical go-ahead.
Still, it’s been a long and bumpy road to recovery for Markov, who seems like he’s faced a lot of setbacks in the process. If nothing else, it sounds like the Russian blueliner can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
The Canadiens could use his help, too, as they only converted one out of 24 power play chances so far this season after being one of the most efficient units during the 2009-10 season.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)