Oct 25, 2010, 2:07 PM EDT
While he remains a member of the Ottawa Senators – at least for the time being – it’s been an awfully tough haul for Jason Spezza ever since he was booed off the ice once the team lost to the Pittsburgh Penguins in the playoffs.
He dealt with trade rumors during the summer and now a groin injury hampers him on the ice. The slick playmaking center will probably miss his third consecutive game Tuesday against the Phoenix Coyotes because of a groin injury that’s been a problem since training camp, according to TSN.
The 27-year old Spezza did not take the ice at Senators’ practice Monday after missing the past two games with a groin injury. Head coach Cory Clouston told reporters following practice that his top playmaker is doubtful for Tuesday’s game with the Phoenix Coyotes, however he hopes to have him back in the lineup for Thursday’s encounter with the Florida Panthers.
Spezza’s sometimes-indifferent play in his own end (and occasional tendency to turn the puck over too easily) draws the ire of many Senators fans, but it’s clear that he isn’t the only problem in Ottawa. You almost have to wonder if it’s only a matter of time until the team trades the talented passer, though.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 2
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 12
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 22
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 52
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 21
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (52)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)