Oct 25, 2010, 2:07 PM EDT
While he remains a member of the Ottawa Senators – at least for the time being – it’s been an awfully tough haul for Jason Spezza ever since he was booed off the ice once the team lost to the Pittsburgh Penguins in the playoffs.
He dealt with trade rumors during the summer and now a groin injury hampers him on the ice. The slick playmaking center will probably miss his third consecutive game Tuesday against the Phoenix Coyotes because of a groin injury that’s been a problem since training camp, according to TSN.
The 27-year old Spezza did not take the ice at Senators’ practice Monday after missing the past two games with a groin injury. Head coach Cory Clouston told reporters following practice that his top playmaker is doubtful for Tuesday’s game with the Phoenix Coyotes, however he hopes to have him back in the lineup for Thursday’s encounter with the Florida Panthers.
Spezza’s sometimes-indifferent play in his own end (and occasional tendency to turn the puck over too easily) draws the ire of many Senators fans, but it’s clear that he isn’t the only problem in Ottawa. You almost have to wonder if it’s only a matter of time until the team trades the talented passer, though.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)