Oct 25, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
At some point, you almost wonder if the Boston Bruins should consider making hospital scrubs their next alternate uniform.
The team is dealing with injuries to key components such as Marc Savard and Marco Sturm and certainly didn’t have an easy time last season. Add another important player to the injured reserve because defenseman Johnny Boychuk will reportedly miss about a month after dealing with an arm injury.
Here is a quick description of what sounds like a very painful injury, via NHL.com
Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli announced Sunday that defenseman Johnny Boychuk suffered a slight fracture to his left ulna (bone in forearm) in the first period of the Bruins’ 3-2 loss to the New York Rangers at TD Garden on Saturday.
It’s a shame, because Boychuk keeps getting more responsibility on the Bruins blue line. He averaged more than 17 minutes per game in 51 appearances last season, with a total of 15 points. In six games so far, he scored three points and averaged more than 20 minutes each contest.
We’ll pass along an update if his status changes, but expect him to be back around late November or early December.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)