Oct 25, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
At some point, you almost wonder if the Boston Bruins should consider making hospital scrubs their next alternate uniform.
The team is dealing with injuries to key components such as Marc Savard and Marco Sturm and certainly didn’t have an easy time last season. Add another important player to the injured reserve because defenseman Johnny Boychuk will reportedly miss about a month after dealing with an arm injury.
Here is a quick description of what sounds like a very painful injury, via NHL.com
Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli announced Sunday that defenseman Johnny Boychuk suffered a slight fracture to his left ulna (bone in forearm) in the first period of the Bruins’ 3-2 loss to the New York Rangers at TD Garden on Saturday.
It’s a shame, because Boychuk keeps getting more responsibility on the Bruins blue line. He averaged more than 17 minutes per game in 51 appearances last season, with a total of 15 points. In six games so far, he scored three points and averaged more than 20 minutes each contest.
We’ll pass along an update if his status changes, but expect him to be back around late November or early December.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 24
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 10
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 50
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (50)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)