Oct 25, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
At some point, you almost wonder if the Boston Bruins should consider making hospital scrubs their next alternate uniform.
The team is dealing with injuries to key components such as Marc Savard and Marco Sturm and certainly didn’t have an easy time last season. Add another important player to the injured reserve because defenseman Johnny Boychuk will reportedly miss about a month after dealing with an arm injury.
Here is a quick description of what sounds like a very painful injury, via NHL.com
Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli announced Sunday that defenseman Johnny Boychuk suffered a slight fracture to his left ulna (bone in forearm) in the first period of the Bruins’ 3-2 loss to the New York Rangers at TD Garden on Saturday.
It’s a shame, because Boychuk keeps getting more responsibility on the Bruins blue line. He averaged more than 17 minutes per game in 51 appearances last season, with a total of 15 points. In six games so far, he scored three points and averaged more than 20 minutes each contest.
We’ll pass along an update if his status changes, but expect him to be back around late November or early December.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 23
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 76
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (76)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)