Oct 24, 2010, 5:07 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Note: One of today’s three games starts a little early, so remember to set your rosters accordingly.
6:00 PM ET game
Nashville @ Tampa Bay
Likely Nashville starter: Anders Lindback – Pekka Rinne started last night’s game against Dallas, which strengthens the Lindback argument. Then again, Rinne earned a shutout, so maybe he’ll be rewarded for his good work. I lean toward Lindback, though. (Source: On the Forecheck.)
Likely Tampa Bay starter: Dan Ellis – Ellis faces his old team tonight, but if the previous prediction is correct, he probably won’t face the goalie who once started in front of him in Rinne. (Source: Raw Charge.)
7:00 PM ET game
New Jersey @ NY Rangers
Likely New Jersey starter: Martin Brodeur – Johan Hedberg failed miserably in his first start of the season, so don’t be surprised if Brodeur resumes his … well, Brodeur-like workload going forward.
Likely NY Rangers starter: Henrik Lundqvist – It’s a rivalry game and the Rangers are on a two-game winning streak, so I’d expect these two goalies to go up against each other in this one.
8:00 PM ET game
San Jose @ Calgary
Likely San Jose starter: Antti Niemi – This is a guess at this point (I’ll try to keep my open for updates, so you might want to check back in an couple hours), but Antero Niittymaki isn’t the no-brainer starter every night yet. I think. Maybe.
Likely Calgary starter: Miikka Kiprusoff – Henrik Karlsson got his first start and it was a success, but this is Kipper’s team. (Source: Roger Millions of Sportsnet.)
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 26
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)