Oct 24, 2010, 5:07 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Note: One of today’s three games starts a little early, so remember to set your rosters accordingly.
6:00 PM ET game
Nashville @ Tampa Bay
Likely Nashville starter: Anders Lindback – Pekka Rinne started last night’s game against Dallas, which strengthens the Lindback argument. Then again, Rinne earned a shutout, so maybe he’ll be rewarded for his good work. I lean toward Lindback, though. (Source: On the Forecheck.)
Likely Tampa Bay starter: Dan Ellis – Ellis faces his old team tonight, but if the previous prediction is correct, he probably won’t face the goalie who once started in front of him in Rinne. (Source: Raw Charge.)
7:00 PM ET game
New Jersey @ NY Rangers
Likely New Jersey starter: Martin Brodeur – Johan Hedberg failed miserably in his first start of the season, so don’t be surprised if Brodeur resumes his … well, Brodeur-like workload going forward.
Likely NY Rangers starter: Henrik Lundqvist – It’s a rivalry game and the Rangers are on a two-game winning streak, so I’d expect these two goalies to go up against each other in this one.
8:00 PM ET game
San Jose @ Calgary
Likely San Jose starter: Antti Niemi – This is a guess at this point (I’ll try to keep my open for updates, so you might want to check back in an couple hours), but Antero Niittymaki isn’t the no-brainer starter every night yet. I think. Maybe.
Likely Calgary starter: Miikka Kiprusoff – Henrik Karlsson got his first start and it was a success, but this is Kipper’s team. (Source: Roger Millions of Sportsnet.)
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38