Oct 24, 2010, 5:07 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Note: One of today’s three games starts a little early, so remember to set your rosters accordingly.
6:00 PM ET game
Nashville @ Tampa Bay
Likely Nashville starter: Anders Lindback – Pekka Rinne started last night’s game against Dallas, which strengthens the Lindback argument. Then again, Rinne earned a shutout, so maybe he’ll be rewarded for his good work. I lean toward Lindback, though. (Source: On the Forecheck.)
Likely Tampa Bay starter: Dan Ellis – Ellis faces his old team tonight, but if the previous prediction is correct, he probably won’t face the goalie who once started in front of him in Rinne. (Source: Raw Charge.)
7:00 PM ET game
New Jersey @ NY Rangers
Likely New Jersey starter: Martin Brodeur – Johan Hedberg failed miserably in his first start of the season, so don’t be surprised if Brodeur resumes his … well, Brodeur-like workload going forward.
Likely NY Rangers starter: Henrik Lundqvist – It’s a rivalry game and the Rangers are on a two-game winning streak, so I’d expect these two goalies to go up against each other in this one.
8:00 PM ET game
San Jose @ Calgary
Likely San Jose starter: Antti Niemi – This is a guess at this point (I’ll try to keep my open for updates, so you might want to check back in an couple hours), but Antero Niittymaki isn’t the no-brainer starter every night yet. I think. Maybe.
Likely Calgary starter: Miikka Kiprusoff – Henrik Karlsson got his first start and it was a success, but this is Kipper’s team. (Source: Roger Millions of Sportsnet.)
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)