Oct 24, 2010, 12:12 AM EDT
While the Avalanche are already dealing with a concussion to captain Adam Foote, the man who was meant to step up and supply more of that physical play is dealing with troubles of his own now. During the Avalanche’s 6-4 loss to the Los Angeles Kings, defenseman Scott Hannan left the game in the second period with an apparent head injury and did not return.
Depending on what Hannan’s status turns out to be and the progress with Foote’s condition, the Avs are a suddenly very physically weak team on defense. Given that tonight’s game with Los Angeles turned into the Brad Richardson show as the little-known winger scored a hat trick, the Avs can’t afford to go further down the depth chart on defense.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 23
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25