Oct 23, 2010, 3:58 PM EST
For Philadelphia Flyers fans, rugged winger Scott Hartnell’s hair is a source of much joy and entertainment. The team even had a Hartnell inspired wig giveaway as one of its promotions.
For the remaining hockey fans, Hartnell’s ‘do ranges from over the top to flat-out obnoxious.
One thing that Flyers fans and rivals should approve of, though, is that Hartnell is going to shed that mane for charity. TSN shares the details about the tough forward’s first haircut in three years.
The haircut is all for a good cause as Hartnell will donate his shorn locks to the charity organization ‘Locks for Love’ who are a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis.
If I remember correctly, Mike Commodore shaved his hilarious ginger afro for charity at one point, as well. It’s one thing to donate money to charity, but moments like these bring a nice amount of extra attention to their causes because they’re unusual promotions.
You never know, Hartnell might even be a little quicker without all that hair (though he might lose a little bit of punch protection without his mane).
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 1
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 15
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)