Oct 23, 2010, 3:58 PM EDT
For Philadelphia Flyers fans, rugged winger Scott Hartnell’s hair is a source of much joy and entertainment. The team even had a Hartnell inspired wig giveaway as one of its promotions.
For the remaining hockey fans, Hartnell’s ‘do ranges from over the top to flat-out obnoxious.
One thing that Flyers fans and rivals should approve of, though, is that Hartnell is going to shed that mane for charity. TSN shares the details about the tough forward’s first haircut in three years.
The haircut is all for a good cause as Hartnell will donate his shorn locks to the charity organization ‘Locks for Love’ who are a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis.
If I remember correctly, Mike Commodore shaved his hilarious ginger afro for charity at one point, as well. It’s one thing to donate money to charity, but moments like these bring a nice amount of extra attention to their causes because they’re unusual promotions.
You never know, Hartnell might even be a little quicker without all that hair (though he might lose a little bit of punch protection without his mane).
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)