Oct 23, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Usually, our goal of the night selections are limited to one player or even one goal. If you feel the need to keep a running tally, then we’d have to give the overall title to Daniel Alfredsson (even if it’s more of a lifetime achievement award type deal).
Yet it’s not often that three different players score a hat trick in the same night – especially with only five games on the slate – so I thought I’d place all three videos in one spot for your aimless clicking needs.
1. Alf’s trick is up above the headline.
2. Check out Rene Bourque’s hat trick from the Calgary Flames’ savage beating of the Columbus Blue Jackets. Bourque also had an assist in this game and was the only person to score all three of his goals against an actual goalie (Steve Mason) instead of getting that third tally on an empty net.
3. Finally, Steve Stamkos took the NHL lead in goal scoring with his three goal performance. Like Bourque, he factored into one other goal with an assist. News flash: Stamkos is really, really good.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 0
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1