Oct 23, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Usually, our goal of the night selections are limited to one player or even one goal. If you feel the need to keep a running tally, then we’d have to give the overall title to Daniel Alfredsson (even if it’s more of a lifetime achievement award type deal).
Yet it’s not often that three different players score a hat trick in the same night – especially with only five games on the slate – so I thought I’d place all three videos in one spot for your aimless clicking needs.
1. Alf’s trick is up above the headline.
2. Check out Rene Bourque’s hat trick from the Calgary Flames’ savage beating of the Columbus Blue Jackets. Bourque also had an assist in this game and was the only person to score all three of his goals against an actual goalie (Steve Mason) instead of getting that third tally on an empty net.
3. Finally, Steve Stamkos took the NHL lead in goal scoring with his three goal performance. Like Bourque, he factored into one other goal with an assist. News flash: Stamkos is really, really good.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 7
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 2
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 13
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 19
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)