Oct 23, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Usually, our goal of the night selections are limited to one player or even one goal. If you feel the need to keep a running tally, then we’d have to give the overall title to Daniel Alfredsson (even if it’s more of a lifetime achievement award type deal).
Yet it’s not often that three different players score a hat trick in the same night – especially with only five games on the slate – so I thought I’d place all three videos in one spot for your aimless clicking needs.
1. Alf’s trick is up above the headline.
2. Check out Rene Bourque’s hat trick from the Calgary Flames’ savage beating of the Columbus Blue Jackets. Bourque also had an assist in this game and was the only person to score all three of his goals against an actual goalie (Steve Mason) instead of getting that third tally on an empty net.
3. Finally, Steve Stamkos took the NHL lead in goal scoring with his three goal performance. Like Bourque, he factored into one other goal with an assist. News flash: Stamkos is really, really good.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 47
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39