Oct 23, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Usually, our goal of the night selections are limited to one player or even one goal. If you feel the need to keep a running tally, then we’d have to give the overall title to Daniel Alfredsson (even if it’s more of a lifetime achievement award type deal).
Yet it’s not often that three different players score a hat trick in the same night – especially with only five games on the slate – so I thought I’d place all three videos in one spot for your aimless clicking needs.
1. Alf’s trick is up above the headline.
2. Check out Rene Bourque’s hat trick from the Calgary Flames’ savage beating of the Columbus Blue Jackets. Bourque also had an assist in this game and was the only person to score all three of his goals against an actual goalie (Steve Mason) instead of getting that third tally on an empty net.
3. Finally, Steve Stamkos took the NHL lead in goal scoring with his three goal performance. Like Bourque, he factored into one other goal with an assist. News flash: Stamkos is really, really good.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 4
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 27
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 27
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25