Oct 23, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Usually, our goal of the night selections are limited to one player or even one goal. If you feel the need to keep a running tally, then we’d have to give the overall title to Daniel Alfredsson (even if it’s more of a lifetime achievement award type deal).
Yet it’s not often that three different players score a hat trick in the same night – especially with only five games on the slate – so I thought I’d place all three videos in one spot for your aimless clicking needs.
1. Alf’s trick is up above the headline.
2. Check out Rene Bourque’s hat trick from the Calgary Flames’ savage beating of the Columbus Blue Jackets. Bourque also had an assist in this game and was the only person to score all three of his goals against an actual goalie (Steve Mason) instead of getting that third tally on an empty net.
3. Finally, Steve Stamkos took the NHL lead in goal scoring with his three goal performance. Like Bourque, he factored into one other goal with an assist. News flash: Stamkos is really, really good.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 55
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12