Oct 23, 2010, 1:08 PM EDT
With a stunning 13 games tonight, we’ll keep this previews short and sweet. Keep in mind all times are Eastern (ET).
Buffalo @ New Jersey
It’s the battle of the all-world goalies on teams who have been awful at home. Buffalo is 0-4-1 while New Jersey is 0-3-1 so far at their own arenas. This one’s in Newark, NJ so the Devils might have gotten the short straw in this one.
NY Rangers @ Boston
The Bruins are currently on a five game winning streak and the Rangers haven’t been playing too well lately, although they did earn a 2-1 win against Toronto recently.
Montreal @ Ottawa
This is a back-to-back game, but the Senators have given the Canadiens fits lately.
The Senators have won seven of their last nine games against the Canadiens, with four of the last five victories coming by multiple goals.
Anaheim @ Detroit
I think of the Ducks as a thorn in the Red Wings’ sides, but it hasn’t been that way in a while. They’ve beaten Anaheim six out of the last eight times, with the Red Wings going 5-0 at home against the Ducks.
Toronto @ Philadelphia
It’s really important to store points early and make good on a lengthy homestand, but the Flyers haven’t done either of these things. They haven’t earned a win in the first three games of a season-high five game run of contests at the Wells Fargo Center, so Philly could really use this one.
NY Islanders @ Florida
The Islanders are one of the NHL’s surprising teams so far, as they’re keeping pace with the Pittsburgh Penguins atop the Atlantic Division. We’ll see if they can keep it up against Florida.
Atlanta @ Washington
Some people are panicking a bit about the Capitals’ recent offensive struggles, but maybe it was because they played the Bruins. Atlanta should be the tonic for their problems, I would say.
Pittsburgh @ St. Louis
The schedule makers weren’t too friendly with the Blues this week, with back-to-back games against the Blackhawks and today against the Penguins. Don’t blame them if they pat themselves on the back a bit if they win this one.
Nashville @ Dallas
The Stars and Predators are on to a great start, with Dallas 5-1 and Nashville remaining as the only NHL team without a regulation loss at 3-0-3. Both teams do it differently – the Stars are offensively potent with the Predators are very stingy – so this should be an interesting match.
Columbus @ Chicago
Things haven’t been going well for the Blue Jackets, but if they have one thing on their side tonight, it’s anger. Chicago pummeled Columbus to ruin their home opener and the Flames embarrassed the Blue Jackets last night, so either Rick Nash & Co. are in for a long season or they’ll have plenty of motivation tonight. (Or both.)
Los Angeles @ Colorado
This is a matchup of two teams powered by young, talented players although the most talented youngster of them all (Drew Doughty) might not suit up for this one.
Carolina @ Phoenix
The Hurricanes are in the meat of their tough Pacific Division road trip. They beat the Sharks while giving the Kings a serious run for their money. If they defeat the Coyotes, this might be something they look back on after a successful season.
San Jose @ Edmonton
The Sharks have struggled a bit to begin this season, but one thing is going well is their play on the road. They’re going for their third straight road win tonight.
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 0
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 1
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 19
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 12
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 22
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 32
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 45
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw