Oct 22, 2010, 12:28 AM EST
The Islanders and Lightning needed overtime to settle things and Matt Moulson was credited with the game-winning goal in overtime as he apparently got one slightly past Lightning netminder Dan Ellis. The goal was initially waived off by the referee who stood right over the play, but replay showed the puck apparently getting across enough of the goal line to overrule the official. As always, there’s controversy when it comes to replays and this one is no different as it took them over eight minutes to review the tape and make a decision.
What do you think though? Should they have called it a goal? Let us know what you think in the comments.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54