Oct 22, 2010, 12:28 AM EDT
The Islanders and Lightning needed overtime to settle things and Matt Moulson was credited with the game-winning goal in overtime as he apparently got one slightly past Lightning netminder Dan Ellis. The goal was initially waived off by the referee who stood right over the play, but replay showed the puck apparently getting across enough of the goal line to overrule the official. As always, there’s controversy when it comes to replays and this one is no different as it took them over eight minutes to review the tape and make a decision.
What do you think though? Should they have called it a goal? Let us know what you think in the comments.
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 0
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 113
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17