Oct 22, 2010, 12:28 AM EDT
The Islanders and Lightning needed overtime to settle things and Matt Moulson was credited with the game-winning goal in overtime as he apparently got one slightly past Lightning netminder Dan Ellis. The goal was initially waived off by the referee who stood right over the play, but replay showed the puck apparently getting across enough of the goal line to overrule the official. As always, there’s controversy when it comes to replays and this one is no different as it took them over eight minutes to review the tape and make a decision.
What do you think though? Should they have called it a goal? Let us know what you think in the comments.
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 4
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 11
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21