Oct 22, 2010, 12:28 AM EDT
The Islanders and Lightning needed overtime to settle things and Matt Moulson was credited with the game-winning goal in overtime as he apparently got one slightly past Lightning netminder Dan Ellis. The goal was initially waived off by the referee who stood right over the play, but replay showed the puck apparently getting across enough of the goal line to overrule the official. As always, there’s controversy when it comes to replays and this one is no different as it took them over eight minutes to review the tape and make a decision.
What do you think though? Should they have called it a goal? Let us know what you think in the comments.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 0
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17