Oct 22, 2010, 12:28 AM EDT
The Islanders and Lightning needed overtime to settle things and Matt Moulson was credited with the game-winning goal in overtime as he apparently got one slightly past Lightning netminder Dan Ellis. The goal was initially waived off by the referee who stood right over the play, but replay showed the puck apparently getting across enough of the goal line to overrule the official. As always, there’s controversy when it comes to replays and this one is no different as it took them over eight minutes to review the tape and make a decision.
What do you think though? Should they have called it a goal? Let us know what you think in the comments.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 9
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25