Oct 22, 2010, 8:01 PM EDT
Apparently Chris Pronger is such a destructive physical force that sometimes, he even hurts his own teammates.
That happened during the Philadelphia Flyers’ light skate today, as Pronger knocked already-banged-up forward Ville Leino out of practice, according to Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly.
Now Leino is questionable for Saturday’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
“I got a little knee on my thigh and a little charley horse,” Leino said. “It’s just a muscle. I have some muscles I didn’t know [about].”
As Panaccio points out, Leino was already struggling with injury issues coming into this season, after undergoing hip surgery during the summer.
While the Flyers have been struggling to begin this campaign, coach Peter Laviolette raves about the chemistry Leino displays with Scott Hartnell and Daniel Briere. Hopefully the former Detroit Red Wings prospect won’t miss significant time, as losing Leino would threaten one of the Flyers’ biggest strengths: impressive depth at the forward position.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)