Oct 22, 2010, 8:01 PM EST
Apparently Chris Pronger is such a destructive physical force that sometimes, he even hurts his own teammates.
That happened during the Philadelphia Flyers’ light skate today, as Pronger knocked already-banged-up forward Ville Leino out of practice, according to Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly.
Now Leino is questionable for Saturday’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
“I got a little knee on my thigh and a little charley horse,” Leino said. “It’s just a muscle. I have some muscles I didn’t know [about].”
As Panaccio points out, Leino was already struggling with injury issues coming into this season, after undergoing hip surgery during the summer.
While the Flyers have been struggling to begin this campaign, coach Peter Laviolette raves about the chemistry Leino displays with Scott Hartnell and Daniel Briere. Hopefully the former Detroit Red Wings prospect won’t miss significant time, as losing Leino would threaten one of the Flyers’ biggest strengths: impressive depth at the forward position.
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 58
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (161)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)