Oct 22, 2010, 8:01 PM EDT
Apparently Chris Pronger is such a destructive physical force that sometimes, he even hurts his own teammates.
That happened during the Philadelphia Flyers’ light skate today, as Pronger knocked already-banged-up forward Ville Leino out of practice, according to Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly.
Now Leino is questionable for Saturday’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
“I got a little knee on my thigh and a little charley horse,” Leino said. “It’s just a muscle. I have some muscles I didn’t know [about].”
As Panaccio points out, Leino was already struggling with injury issues coming into this season, after undergoing hip surgery during the summer.
While the Flyers have been struggling to begin this campaign, coach Peter Laviolette raves about the chemistry Leino displays with Scott Hartnell and Daniel Briere. Hopefully the former Detroit Red Wings prospect won’t miss significant time, as losing Leino would threaten one of the Flyers’ biggest strengths: impressive depth at the forward position.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7