Oct 22, 2010, 8:01 PM EDT
Apparently Chris Pronger is such a destructive physical force that sometimes, he even hurts his own teammates.
That happened during the Philadelphia Flyers’ light skate today, as Pronger knocked already-banged-up forward Ville Leino out of practice, according to Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly.
Now Leino is questionable for Saturday’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
“I got a little knee on my thigh and a little charley horse,” Leino said. “It’s just a muscle. I have some muscles I didn’t know [about].”
As Panaccio points out, Leino was already struggling with injury issues coming into this season, after undergoing hip surgery during the summer.
While the Flyers have been struggling to begin this campaign, coach Peter Laviolette raves about the chemistry Leino displays with Scott Hartnell and Daniel Briere. Hopefully the former Detroit Red Wings prospect won’t miss significant time, as losing Leino would threaten one of the Flyers’ biggest strengths: impressive depth at the forward position.
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 5
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 51
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 7
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 23
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 26
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 56
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 20
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 94
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 104
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)