Oct 22, 2010, 8:01 PM EDT
Apparently Chris Pronger is such a destructive physical force that sometimes, he even hurts his own teammates.
That happened during the Philadelphia Flyers’ light skate today, as Pronger knocked already-banged-up forward Ville Leino out of practice, according to Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly.
Now Leino is questionable for Saturday’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
“I got a little knee on my thigh and a little charley horse,” Leino said. “It’s just a muscle. I have some muscles I didn’t know [about].”
As Panaccio points out, Leino was already struggling with injury issues coming into this season, after undergoing hip surgery during the summer.
While the Flyers have been struggling to begin this campaign, coach Peter Laviolette raves about the chemistry Leino displays with Scott Hartnell and Daniel Briere. Hopefully the former Detroit Red Wings prospect won’t miss significant time, as losing Leino would threaten one of the Flyers’ biggest strengths: impressive depth at the forward position.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (54)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (42)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)