Oct 22, 2010, 7:13 PM EDT
It’s already been a tough start in Tampa Bay for normally prolific forward Simon Gagne. While the Lightning have been pretty explosive overall, Gagne is pointless so far in six games and has an abysmal -8 rating.
The bad news keeps piling on, too, as TSN reports that Gagne will miss Tampa Bay’s game against the Atlanta Thrashers tonight.
Gagne reportedly suffered a neck injury in Thursday night’s contest against the New York Islanders.
No word on whether or not the speedy sniper will miss any more time with this injury. We’ll pass along an update whenever one comes along, though.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)