Oct 22, 2010, 7:13 PM EDT
It’s already been a tough start in Tampa Bay for normally prolific forward Simon Gagne. While the Lightning have been pretty explosive overall, Gagne is pointless so far in six games and has an abysmal -8 rating.
The bad news keeps piling on, too, as TSN reports that Gagne will miss Tampa Bay’s game against the Atlanta Thrashers tonight.
Gagne reportedly suffered a neck injury in Thursday night’s contest against the New York Islanders.
No word on whether or not the speedy sniper will miss any more time with this injury. We’ll pass along an update whenever one comes along, though.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 22
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 10
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (25)