Oct 22, 2010, 10:59 PM EDT
Much like eating a Reese’s, there’s really no wrong way for an NHL player to reach his 1,000th point. That being said, it makes it that much more special if a player can do it in style.
Daniel Alfredsson capped a great performance – and highlighted a fantastic career – by scoring an empty net goal to earn his eighth career hat trick and the 1,000th point of his outstanding career tonight. He reached three goals on five shots against Ryan Miller and the Buffalo Sabres, as the Ottawa Senators won 4-2.
NHL.com provided a useful video of Alfredsson’s feat, including a great celebration after the Senators captain notched that third goal with 22 seconds left in the game.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34