Oct 22, 2010, 10:59 PM EST
Much like eating a Reese’s, there’s really no wrong way for an NHL player to reach his 1,000th point. That being said, it makes it that much more special if a player can do it in style.
Daniel Alfredsson capped a great performance – and highlighted a fantastic career – by scoring an empty net goal to earn his eighth career hat trick and the 1,000th point of his outstanding career tonight. He reached three goals on five shots against Ryan Miller and the Buffalo Sabres, as the Ottawa Senators won 4-2.
NHL.com provided a useful video of Alfredsson’s feat, including a great celebration after the Senators captain notched that third goal with 22 seconds left in the game.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 18
- BREAKING: Flames fire Feaster 33
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 77
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)