Oct 22, 2010, 10:59 PM EDT
Much like eating a Reese’s, there’s really no wrong way for an NHL player to reach his 1,000th point. That being said, it makes it that much more special if a player can do it in style.
Daniel Alfredsson capped a great performance – and highlighted a fantastic career – by scoring an empty net goal to earn his eighth career hat trick and the 1,000th point of his outstanding career tonight. He reached three goals on five shots against Ryan Miller and the Buffalo Sabres, as the Ottawa Senators won 4-2.
NHL.com provided a useful video of Alfredsson’s feat, including a great celebration after the Senators captain notched that third goal with 22 seconds left in the game.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 25
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40