Oct 22, 2010, 10:59 PM EST
Much like eating a Reese’s, there’s really no wrong way for an NHL player to reach his 1,000th point. That being said, it makes it that much more special if a player can do it in style.
Daniel Alfredsson capped a great performance – and highlighted a fantastic career – by scoring an empty net goal to earn his eighth career hat trick and the 1,000th point of his outstanding career tonight. He reached three goals on five shots against Ryan Miller and the Buffalo Sabres, as the Ottawa Senators won 4-2.
NHL.com provided a useful video of Alfredsson’s feat, including a great celebration after the Senators captain notched that third goal with 22 seconds left in the game.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11