Oct 22, 2010, 10:59 PM EDT
Much like eating a Reese’s, there’s really no wrong way for an NHL player to reach his 1,000th point. That being said, it makes it that much more special if a player can do it in style.
Daniel Alfredsson capped a great performance – and highlighted a fantastic career – by scoring an empty net goal to earn his eighth career hat trick and the 1,000th point of his outstanding career tonight. He reached three goals on five shots against Ryan Miller and the Buffalo Sabres, as the Ottawa Senators won 4-2.
NHL.com provided a useful video of Alfredsson’s feat, including a great celebration after the Senators captain notched that third goal with 22 seconds left in the game.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 2
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)