Oct 22, 2010, 11:55 PM EST
Note: We’ll take a look at the Vancouver Canucks – Minnesota Wild game tomorrow morning.
Gosh, St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks … you couldn’t provide another hat trick performance tonight? Rebels. Anyway, let’s recap four of Friday’s five games.
Rene Bourque was one of the three players who scored a hat trick tonight (things come in three’s … twice!) but also added an assist in this severe beating of the Blue Jackets. This is yet another blowout at home for Columbus and you have to wonder if they just took another hit at the box office. Jarome Iginla got in a fight in this one, but we’ll have more on that in a bit. Here is video of Bourque’s third career hat trick.
As you may already know, this will be known as the game in which Daniel Alfredsson scored a hat trick and his 1,000th career point. Some other players put together nice games in their own right, too. Brian Elliott stopped 32 out of 34 shots to beat Ryan Miller while Tim Connolly scored two goals for Buffalo in a losing effort.
The final of the three hat trick scorers also took the NHL lead in goals scored, as Steve Stamkos earned his sixth, seventh and eight tallies of the season in this one. His first goal ended up being the game-winner while he also added an assist as any doubt about his legitimacy as a star hockey player is rapidly disintegrating.
David Perron scored two goals while unlikely hero Roman Polak earned the game-winner with a heads-up play. Patrick Sharp continued his torrid early season goal scoring pace, earning his seventh of the season tonight. Ultimately Jaroslav Halak bested Marty Turco to help St. Louis win an important Central Division contest.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)