Oct 22, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
Note: We’ll take a look at the Vancouver Canucks – Minnesota Wild game tomorrow morning.
Gosh, St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks … you couldn’t provide another hat trick performance tonight? Rebels. Anyway, let’s recap four of Friday’s five games.
Rene Bourque was one of the three players who scored a hat trick tonight (things come in three’s … twice!) but also added an assist in this severe beating of the Blue Jackets. This is yet another blowout at home for Columbus and you have to wonder if they just took another hit at the box office. Jarome Iginla got in a fight in this one, but we’ll have more on that in a bit. Here is video of Bourque’s third career hat trick.
As you may already know, this will be known as the game in which Daniel Alfredsson scored a hat trick and his 1,000th career point. Some other players put together nice games in their own right, too. Brian Elliott stopped 32 out of 34 shots to beat Ryan Miller while Tim Connolly scored two goals for Buffalo in a losing effort.
The final of the three hat trick scorers also took the NHL lead in goals scored, as Steve Stamkos earned his sixth, seventh and eight tallies of the season in this one. His first goal ended up being the game-winner while he also added an assist as any doubt about his legitimacy as a star hockey player is rapidly disintegrating.
David Perron scored two goals while unlikely hero Roman Polak earned the game-winner with a heads-up play. Patrick Sharp continued his torrid early season goal scoring pace, earning his seventh of the season tonight. Ultimately Jaroslav Halak bested Marty Turco to help St. Louis win an important Central Division contest.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)