Oct 21, 2010, 10:49 PM EST
Listen, we know the Phoenix Coyotes are having their problems finding an owner, and they’ve had their issues with getting fans in Glendale and Phoenix to fall in love with the team but sometimes you just need to take a look at things for what they are.
Tonight marks the Coyotes second home game of the year (at least one played in Arizona, they played one in Prague as the “home” team) and here are shots from inside Jobing.com Arena courtesy of the Arizona Republic’s Sarah McLellan. The first one comes from 20 minutes before the puck was dropped for the Coyotes game against Los Angeles.
This second one comes during the second period of play just to show you we’re not being dishonest with you.
Again, I know the Coyotes have their issues and getting a solid owner in place to provide stability will help things out, but fans… You’ve got to at least act like you care a little bit. Helene Elliott of the LA Times tweeted her thoughts on the crowd to hammer the point home.
i have covered hockey for many years in many cities in many climates. i have never seen as small a crowd as in Jobing.com Arena tonite.
Coyotes fans get very sensitive about getting picked on about not caring and are very sensitive to talk about moving the team, but this does nothing to help keep the vultures away nor quiet the critics. Put up or shut up, Arizona.
UPDATE: Announced attendance at tonight’s game: 6,706. That’s the paid attendance, mind you. That doesn’t mean there were 6,706 people actually there and from the sounds of it, the actual attendance may have been closer to 5,000. Let the hawks commence circling once again.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)