Oct 21, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
OK, I’ll admit that Roberto Luongo definitely deserves consideration for a few of the saves he made last night (particularly stopping a few late shots in the third and a Marian Hossa breakaway in overtime). I’ll also concede that this is a flawed choice since Marty Turco actually received a tripping penalty as a result of this move.
Still, whenever a goalie makes an aggressive move to leave his crease and cut off a skater’s angle, it evokes memories of Dominik Hasek’s greatest days. Turco stopped what very well could have been a Tanner Glass goal with this move to help continue his four game winning streak.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 32
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 57
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1