Oct 21, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
OK, I’ll admit that Roberto Luongo definitely deserves consideration for a few of the saves he made last night (particularly stopping a few late shots in the third and a Marian Hossa breakaway in overtime). I’ll also concede that this is a flawed choice since Marty Turco actually received a tripping penalty as a result of this move.
Still, whenever a goalie makes an aggressive move to leave his crease and cut off a skater’s angle, it evokes memories of Dominik Hasek’s greatest days. Turco stopped what very well could have been a Tanner Glass goal with this move to help continue his four game winning streak.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38