Oct 21, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
OK, I’ll admit that Roberto Luongo definitely deserves consideration for a few of the saves he made last night (particularly stopping a few late shots in the third and a Marian Hossa breakaway in overtime). I’ll also concede that this is a flawed choice since Marty Turco actually received a tripping penalty as a result of this move.
Still, whenever a goalie makes an aggressive move to leave his crease and cut off a skater’s angle, it evokes memories of Dominik Hasek’s greatest days. Turco stopped what very well could have been a Tanner Glass goal with this move to help continue his four game winning streak.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 2
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 14
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28