Oct 21, 2010, 3:23 PM EST
Despite pleas from Gary Green of On the Fly, Carolina Hurricanes forward Erik Cole will not face league discipline for his hit on Los Angeles Kings defenseman Drew Doughty, according to Bob McKenzie of TSN.
As for Cole-Doughty, NHL apparently believes contact was accidental/incidental so no discipline will be forthcoming.
It’s hard to tell from the video clips found, but the hit didn’t seem particularly malicious to me. There surely will be howling about it from pockets of the NHL, especially Kings fans, but it’s nothing like the hit Cole suffered years ago from Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik.
What do you think? Should Cole be punished, whether it be a fine or a suspension? Let us know in the comments. If you need to take another look, here’s the video of that hit one more time.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)