Oct 21, 2010, 3:23 PM EDT
Despite pleas from Gary Green of On the Fly, Carolina Hurricanes forward Erik Cole will not face league discipline for his hit on Los Angeles Kings defenseman Drew Doughty, according to Bob McKenzie of TSN.
As for Cole-Doughty, NHL apparently believes contact was accidental/incidental so no discipline will be forthcoming.
It’s hard to tell from the video clips found, but the hit didn’t seem particularly malicious to me. There surely will be howling about it from pockets of the NHL, especially Kings fans, but it’s nothing like the hit Cole suffered years ago from Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik.
What do you think? Should Cole be punished, whether it be a fine or a suspension? Let us know in the comments. If you need to take another look, here’s the video of that hit one more time.
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 24
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 95
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 37
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 18
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 12
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 26
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (95)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)