Oct 21, 2010, 3:23 PM EDT
Despite pleas from Gary Green of On the Fly, Carolina Hurricanes forward Erik Cole will not face league discipline for his hit on Los Angeles Kings defenseman Drew Doughty, according to Bob McKenzie of TSN.
As for Cole-Doughty, NHL apparently believes contact was accidental/incidental so no discipline will be forthcoming.
It’s hard to tell from the video clips found, but the hit didn’t seem particularly malicious to me. There surely will be howling about it from pockets of the NHL, especially Kings fans, but it’s nothing like the hit Cole suffered years ago from Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik.
What do you think? Should Cole be punished, whether it be a fine or a suspension? Let us know in the comments. If you need to take another look, here’s the video of that hit one more time.
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 8
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 31
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 43
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41