Oct 21, 2010, 12:31 AM EDT
Note: We’ll take a look at the late game between the Carolina Hurricanes and Los Angeles Kings tomorrow morning or early that afternoon.
In the mean time, let’s take a gander at the three games that finished at a more reasonable time for non-West Coasters.
After a discouraging five-game losing streak, the Buffalo Sabres got off the hook in a big way with a 4-1 win over the Atlanta Thrashers. After keeping the team in games but coming up short during most of the team’s 0-4-1 streak since a season opening victory, Ryan Miller had it easy in this one. The Vezina Trophy winner only faced 18 shots, setting aside 17 of them. You certainly cannot blame Miller’s counterpart, Chris Mason, as he stopped 38 out of 42 shots to claim the game’s third star.
Well, the good news is that the Blue Jackets won this one while both Rick Nash and Steve Mason came to play. The bad news is that less than 10,000 people showed up to see it, making that the smallest crowd to attend a Blue Jackets home game. Read all about it here.
Even when Roberto Luongo plays well, he still cannot seem to thwart the thorn in his side known as the Chicago Blackhawks. He made some great stops on a 31-save night, but couldn’t stop a single shootout attempt as the Blackhawks handed Marty Turco his fourth consecutive win. During that winning streak, Turco stopped 136 out of 144 shots for a 94.4 save percentage. So, yeah, let’s forget about a goalie controversy in Chicago for a while.
The Canucks must be a little worried about their depth scoring, as their only goal came from one of the Sedin twins again (Daniel on the power-play in the third period).
A more reckless pun maker might even say they’re too “twindependent” but I’m far too sophisticated to make such a joke. Naturally.
- Report: Penguins owners (especially Lemieux) ponder sale of ‘some or all’ of franchise 0
- Report: Red Wings will name Blashill as head coach next week 0
- Kane, Toews may have toughest assignment yet in Hedman, Stralman 13
- Chicago mayor rips Lightning for being ‘afraid’ to sell tickets to Blackhawks fans 68
- PHT’s Stanley Cup Final picks, once again featuring The Coin 20
- Habs sign Petry to a six-year, $33 million extension 23
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 7
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 77
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 25
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (87)
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)