Oct 21, 2010, 1:44 AM EST
Expect a full recap of the Los Angeles Kings‘ 4-3 win against the Carolina Hurricanes tomorrow. When a star of Doughty’s magnitude gets banged up, we want to let you know as soon as possible.
Just as we were raving about the great defensive situation in Los Angeles, it looks like the Kings will be without their all-world defenseman for at least a game or two. Drew Doughty was shaken up by a late hit by Hurricanes forward Erik Cole, according to Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times.
Elliott writes that Doughty is suffering from an upper-body injury. Doughty reportedly won’t travel with the team in Phoenix on Thursday, but he might meet up with them some time during their five-game road trip, according to ESPN’s EJ Hradek.
Doughty started this season a little slow offensively with only one point in the Kings’ first four games, but it doesn’t take a hockey genius to notice his impact on the team. He was one of the three finalists for the Norris Trophy last season (and a big reason why many expect big things from the Kings), so hopefully the dazzling defenseman won’t be on the shelf for too long.
Naturally, we’ll give you an update once more is known about Doughty’s condition.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 7
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 80
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 74
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 64
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 41
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 74
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (83)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (74)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (74)