Oct 21, 2010, 1:44 AM EDT
Expect a full recap of the Los Angeles Kings‘ 4-3 win against the Carolina Hurricanes tomorrow. When a star of Doughty’s magnitude gets banged up, we want to let you know as soon as possible.
Just as we were raving about the great defensive situation in Los Angeles, it looks like the Kings will be without their all-world defenseman for at least a game or two. Drew Doughty was shaken up by a late hit by Hurricanes forward Erik Cole, according to Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times.
Elliott writes that Doughty is suffering from an upper-body injury. Doughty reportedly won’t travel with the team in Phoenix on Thursday, but he might meet up with them some time during their five-game road trip, according to ESPN’s EJ Hradek.
Doughty started this season a little slow offensively with only one point in the Kings’ first four games, but it doesn’t take a hockey genius to notice his impact on the team. He was one of the three finalists for the Norris Trophy last season (and a big reason why many expect big things from the Kings), so hopefully the dazzling defenseman won’t be on the shelf for too long.
Naturally, we’ll give you an update once more is known about Doughty’s condition.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 10
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)