Oct 21, 2010, 1:44 AM EDT
Expect a full recap of the Los Angeles Kings‘ 4-3 win against the Carolina Hurricanes tomorrow. When a star of Doughty’s magnitude gets banged up, we want to let you know as soon as possible.
Just as we were raving about the great defensive situation in Los Angeles, it looks like the Kings will be without their all-world defenseman for at least a game or two. Drew Doughty was shaken up by a late hit by Hurricanes forward Erik Cole, according to Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times.
Elliott writes that Doughty is suffering from an upper-body injury. Doughty reportedly won’t travel with the team in Phoenix on Thursday, but he might meet up with them some time during their five-game road trip, according to ESPN’s EJ Hradek.
Doughty started this season a little slow offensively with only one point in the Kings’ first four games, but it doesn’t take a hockey genius to notice his impact on the team. He was one of the three finalists for the Norris Trophy last season (and a big reason why many expect big things from the Kings), so hopefully the dazzling defenseman won’t be on the shelf for too long.
Naturally, we’ll give you an update once more is known about Doughty’s condition.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7