Oct 21, 2010, 1:44 AM EST
Expect a full recap of the Los Angeles Kings‘ 4-3 win against the Carolina Hurricanes tomorrow. When a star of Doughty’s magnitude gets banged up, we want to let you know as soon as possible.
Just as we were raving about the great defensive situation in Los Angeles, it looks like the Kings will be without their all-world defenseman for at least a game or two. Drew Doughty was shaken up by a late hit by Hurricanes forward Erik Cole, according to Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times.
Elliott writes that Doughty is suffering from an upper-body injury. Doughty reportedly won’t travel with the team in Phoenix on Thursday, but he might meet up with them some time during their five-game road trip, according to ESPN’s EJ Hradek.
Doughty started this season a little slow offensively with only one point in the Kings’ first four games, but it doesn’t take a hockey genius to notice his impact on the team. He was one of the three finalists for the Norris Trophy last season (and a big reason why many expect big things from the Kings), so hopefully the dazzling defenseman won’t be on the shelf for too long.
Naturally, we’ll give you an update once more is known about Doughty’s condition.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 17
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 22
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 74
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (74)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)