Oct 21, 2010, 1:44 AM EDT
Expect a full recap of the Los Angeles Kings‘ 4-3 win against the Carolina Hurricanes tomorrow. When a star of Doughty’s magnitude gets banged up, we want to let you know as soon as possible.
Just as we were raving about the great defensive situation in Los Angeles, it looks like the Kings will be without their all-world defenseman for at least a game or two. Drew Doughty was shaken up by a late hit by Hurricanes forward Erik Cole, according to Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times.
Elliott writes that Doughty is suffering from an upper-body injury. Doughty reportedly won’t travel with the team in Phoenix on Thursday, but he might meet up with them some time during their five-game road trip, according to ESPN’s EJ Hradek.
Doughty started this season a little slow offensively with only one point in the Kings’ first four games, but it doesn’t take a hockey genius to notice his impact on the team. He was one of the three finalists for the Norris Trophy last season (and a big reason why many expect big things from the Kings), so hopefully the dazzling defenseman won’t be on the shelf for too long.
Naturally, we’ll give you an update once more is known about Doughty’s condition.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 9
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 22
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)