Oct 20, 2010, 12:32 PM EDT
While the Predators lost a tough one to Calgary last night 1-0, things got just a bit worse for the team. Early in last night’s game, Preds defenseman took a big hit from Flames defenseman Cory Sarich, a hit that sent Suter back to the bench and out of the game with a “lower body injury.” Here’s video of the hit.
After the game, Predators coach Barry Trotz said that the injury was, “not too serious” and that Suter would likely miss a game or two, but nothing major. Brian Mullen of The Tennessean tweeted today that Suter was placed on injured reserve, confirming that Suter will indeed miss a few games. Suter’s injury is just another one to throw on the pile as the Preds are without Matthew Lombardi and Marcel Goc for the time being.
The injuries aren’t affecting the Preds quite as much on the ice as they’ve earned points in all five of their games this season going 3-0-2 in that time. There will be some help coming in the meantime, however, as TSN reports that they’ve signed grinder forward Steve Begin to a one-year, two-way contract worth $550,000. If ever there was a team built for Begin’s style of play, it’s Nashville. That said, TSN’s Bob McKenzie tweets that Begin was placed on waivers immediately after being signed, so clearly Begin’s first call of duty will be to help out AHL Milwaukee.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 0
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 17
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (36)