Oct 20, 2010, 12:32 PM EST
While the Predators lost a tough one to Calgary last night 1-0, things got just a bit worse for the team. Early in last night’s game, Preds defenseman took a big hit from Flames defenseman Cory Sarich, a hit that sent Suter back to the bench and out of the game with a “lower body injury.” Here’s video of the hit.
After the game, Predators coach Barry Trotz said that the injury was, “not too serious” and that Suter would likely miss a game or two, but nothing major. Brian Mullen of The Tennessean tweeted today that Suter was placed on injured reserve, confirming that Suter will indeed miss a few games. Suter’s injury is just another one to throw on the pile as the Preds are without Matthew Lombardi and Marcel Goc for the time being.
The injuries aren’t affecting the Preds quite as much on the ice as they’ve earned points in all five of their games this season going 3-0-2 in that time. There will be some help coming in the meantime, however, as TSN reports that they’ve signed grinder forward Steve Begin to a one-year, two-way contract worth $550,000. If ever there was a team built for Begin’s style of play, it’s Nashville. That said, TSN’s Bob McKenzie tweets that Begin was placed on waivers immediately after being signed, so clearly Begin’s first call of duty will be to help out AHL Milwaukee.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 37
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28