Oct 20, 2010, 12:32 PM EST
While the Predators lost a tough one to Calgary last night 1-0, things got just a bit worse for the team. Early in last night’s game, Preds defenseman took a big hit from Flames defenseman Cory Sarich, a hit that sent Suter back to the bench and out of the game with a “lower body injury.” Here’s video of the hit.
After the game, Predators coach Barry Trotz said that the injury was, “not too serious” and that Suter would likely miss a game or two, but nothing major. Brian Mullen of The Tennessean tweeted today that Suter was placed on injured reserve, confirming that Suter will indeed miss a few games. Suter’s injury is just another one to throw on the pile as the Preds are without Matthew Lombardi and Marcel Goc for the time being.
The injuries aren’t affecting the Preds quite as much on the ice as they’ve earned points in all five of their games this season going 3-0-2 in that time. There will be some help coming in the meantime, however, as TSN reports that they’ve signed grinder forward Steve Begin to a one-year, two-way contract worth $550,000. If ever there was a team built for Begin’s style of play, it’s Nashville. That said, TSN’s Bob McKenzie tweets that Begin was placed on waivers immediately after being signed, so clearly Begin’s first call of duty will be to help out AHL Milwaukee.
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 43
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31