Oct 20, 2010, 12:32 PM EDT
While the Predators lost a tough one to Calgary last night 1-0, things got just a bit worse for the team. Early in last night’s game, Preds defenseman took a big hit from Flames defenseman Cory Sarich, a hit that sent Suter back to the bench and out of the game with a “lower body injury.” Here’s video of the hit.
After the game, Predators coach Barry Trotz said that the injury was, “not too serious” and that Suter would likely miss a game or two, but nothing major. Brian Mullen of The Tennessean tweeted today that Suter was placed on injured reserve, confirming that Suter will indeed miss a few games. Suter’s injury is just another one to throw on the pile as the Preds are without Matthew Lombardi and Marcel Goc for the time being.
The injuries aren’t affecting the Preds quite as much on the ice as they’ve earned points in all five of their games this season going 3-0-2 in that time. There will be some help coming in the meantime, however, as TSN reports that they’ve signed grinder forward Steve Begin to a one-year, two-way contract worth $550,000. If ever there was a team built for Begin’s style of play, it’s Nashville. That said, TSN’s Bob McKenzie tweets that Begin was placed on waivers immediately after being signed, so clearly Begin’s first call of duty will be to help out AHL Milwaukee.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5