Oct 20, 2010, 12:33 AM EDT
When former Blackhawks GM Dale Tallon was replaced by Stan Bowman, the team he built to become last year’s Stanley Cup champion did right by him and made sure to reward the man who helped put together most of the roster that won it all. Today, it all came to fruition as Tallon received his Stanley Cup ring from Chicago for being one of the brains behind the operation. Coincidentally enough, he received the ring on his 60th birthday.
While in no way was it meant as a birthday present, it was pretty special none-the-less to receive it on his 60th birthday.
“Great present from the Blackhawks,” said Tallon this afternoon. “It was very classy of them to do that and I’m really proud of it and I didn’t expect anything less from them. It’s fantastic to know that I was a big part of them winning the Stanley Cup.”
Tallon received it via a special rendezvous.
“Blackhawks president John McDonough came down to Fort Lauderdale this morning and hand delivered it to me,” said Tallon. “It was a pretty special moment.”
It made for a pretty fantastic gesture on the part of the Blackhawks to give Tallon a ring, especially when they cost them $30,000 a piece. With Tallon now working as the GM of the Florida Panthers, they can now hope that Tallon’s eye for talent and team building can help bring some rings of their own to south Florida.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 0
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 3
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 10
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 19
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 31
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 87
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 100
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)