Oct 20, 2010, 12:33 AM EDT
When former Blackhawks GM Dale Tallon was replaced by Stan Bowman, the team he built to become last year’s Stanley Cup champion did right by him and made sure to reward the man who helped put together most of the roster that won it all. Today, it all came to fruition as Tallon received his Stanley Cup ring from Chicago for being one of the brains behind the operation. Coincidentally enough, he received the ring on his 60th birthday.
While in no way was it meant as a birthday present, it was pretty special none-the-less to receive it on his 60th birthday.
“Great present from the Blackhawks,” said Tallon this afternoon. “It was very classy of them to do that and I’m really proud of it and I didn’t expect anything less from them. It’s fantastic to know that I was a big part of them winning the Stanley Cup.”
Tallon received it via a special rendezvous.
“Blackhawks president John McDonough came down to Fort Lauderdale this morning and hand delivered it to me,” said Tallon. “It was a pretty special moment.”
It made for a pretty fantastic gesture on the part of the Blackhawks to give Tallon a ring, especially when they cost them $30,000 a piece. With Tallon now working as the GM of the Florida Panthers, they can now hope that Tallon’s eye for talent and team building can help bring some rings of their own to south Florida.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (100)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)