Oct 19, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Who said you need to be a goalie to make the save of the night?
OK, technically many people will consider this a blocked shot, but all New York Islanders defenseman Radek Martinek needed was some goalie pads and an elaborate mask to completely embrace the role of a goalie right here. Dwayne Roloson played an outstanding game last night, but Martinek saved him on this play. When you consider the fact that the Toronto Maple Leafs would have beaten the Islanders if that ended up being a goal, Martinek earned the Islanders a point and the opportunity to earn a second one in OT.
Which, of course they did … thanks to a power-play goal by John Tavares.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)