Oct 19, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
There might not be a player in the NHL who is on a hotter streak right now than Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa (although his teammate Patrick Sharp might have a good argument with his three consecutive game winning goals). Chicago found themselves down 2-0 midway through the third period but Hossa scored two gorgeous goals (the first of which was made possible largely based on Marty Turco’s well-touted passing skills) to send the game into overtime.
The second tally was especially outstanding: notice how Hossa shoots it without looking … between his legs. Perhaps he’s trying out for hockey’s version of an “And1 Mix Tape.”*
* – Does And1 still exist? They seem like one of those companies that might have been gobbled up by the bad economy.
Anyway, outstanding stuff from Hossa, whose two goals combined to earn a very worthy Goal of the Night nod.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7