Oct 19, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
There might not be a player in the NHL who is on a hotter streak right now than Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa (although his teammate Patrick Sharp might have a good argument with his three consecutive game winning goals). Chicago found themselves down 2-0 midway through the third period but Hossa scored two gorgeous goals (the first of which was made possible largely based on Marty Turco’s well-touted passing skills) to send the game into overtime.
The second tally was especially outstanding: notice how Hossa shoots it without looking … between his legs. Perhaps he’s trying out for hockey’s version of an “And1 Mix Tape.”*
* – Does And1 still exist? They seem like one of those companies that might have been gobbled up by the bad economy.
Anyway, outstanding stuff from Hossa, whose two goals combined to earn a very worthy Goal of the Night nod.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)