Oct 19, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
There might not be a player in the NHL who is on a hotter streak right now than Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa (although his teammate Patrick Sharp might have a good argument with his three consecutive game winning goals). Chicago found themselves down 2-0 midway through the third period but Hossa scored two gorgeous goals (the first of which was made possible largely based on Marty Turco’s well-touted passing skills) to send the game into overtime.
The second tally was especially outstanding: notice how Hossa shoots it without looking … between his legs. Perhaps he’s trying out for hockey’s version of an “And1 Mix Tape.”*
* – Does And1 still exist? They seem like one of those companies that might have been gobbled up by the bad economy.
Anyway, outstanding stuff from Hossa, whose two goals combined to earn a very worthy Goal of the Night nod.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 69
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (92)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (72)