Oct 19, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
There might not be a player in the NHL who is on a hotter streak right now than Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa (although his teammate Patrick Sharp might have a good argument with his three consecutive game winning goals). Chicago found themselves down 2-0 midway through the third period but Hossa scored two gorgeous goals (the first of which was made possible largely based on Marty Turco’s well-touted passing skills) to send the game into overtime.
The second tally was especially outstanding: notice how Hossa shoots it without looking … between his legs. Perhaps he’s trying out for hockey’s version of an “And1 Mix Tape.”*
* – Does And1 still exist? They seem like one of those companies that might have been gobbled up by the bad economy.
Anyway, outstanding stuff from Hossa, whose two goals combined to earn a very worthy Goal of the Night nod.
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 9
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)