Oct 19, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
There might not be a player in the NHL who is on a hotter streak right now than Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa (although his teammate Patrick Sharp might have a good argument with his three consecutive game winning goals). Chicago found themselves down 2-0 midway through the third period but Hossa scored two gorgeous goals (the first of which was made possible largely based on Marty Turco’s well-touted passing skills) to send the game into overtime.
The second tally was especially outstanding: notice how Hossa shoots it without looking … between his legs. Perhaps he’s trying out for hockey’s version of an “And1 Mix Tape.”*
* – Does And1 still exist? They seem like one of those companies that might have been gobbled up by the bad economy.
Anyway, outstanding stuff from Hossa, whose two goals combined to earn a very worthy Goal of the Night nod.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)