Oct 18, 2010, 1:18 AM EST
In what turned out to be a back-and-forth game, the Ducks managed to come out on top thanks to Corey Perry’s third period goal. Rookie Cam Fowler scored his first NHL goal, but left the game early thanks to a crunching hit by Shane Doan. Toni Lydman also scored for Anaheim. Scottie Upshall and Eric Belanger had the goals for Phoenix. Hopefully Upshall found the ice at The Pond to be better than what he skated on at home in Phoenix, to which he complained about and then backpedaled on over Twitter. Jonas Hiller stopped 36 shots in the win while Jason LaBarbera stopped 32 in the loss.
Mason Raymond made the most of his night playing on a line with the Sedin twins scoring two goals in leading the Canucks to an easy win. Mikael Samuelsson and Ryan Kesler each scored their first goals of the season which is surprising that they haven’t scored yet this year. Andrew Alberts also scored his first goal and that’s surprising because it happened at all.
Cory Schneider stopped 32 out of 33 shots he faced, allowing only a Patrick O’Sullivan slap shot to elude him. A steady game from Schneider might just be the thing head coach Alain Vigneault needs to feel more comfortable in starting the rookie more to give Roberto Luongo a break.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 4
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 29
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 31
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)