Oct 18, 2010, 1:18 AM EST
In what turned out to be a back-and-forth game, the Ducks managed to come out on top thanks to Corey Perry’s third period goal. Rookie Cam Fowler scored his first NHL goal, but left the game early thanks to a crunching hit by Shane Doan. Toni Lydman also scored for Anaheim. Scottie Upshall and Eric Belanger had the goals for Phoenix. Hopefully Upshall found the ice at The Pond to be better than what he skated on at home in Phoenix, to which he complained about and then backpedaled on over Twitter. Jonas Hiller stopped 36 shots in the win while Jason LaBarbera stopped 32 in the loss.
Mason Raymond made the most of his night playing on a line with the Sedin twins scoring two goals in leading the Canucks to an easy win. Mikael Samuelsson and Ryan Kesler each scored their first goals of the season which is surprising that they haven’t scored yet this year. Andrew Alberts also scored his first goal and that’s surprising because it happened at all.
Cory Schneider stopped 32 out of 33 shots he faced, allowing only a Patrick O’Sullivan slap shot to elude him. A steady game from Schneider might just be the thing head coach Alain Vigneault needs to feel more comfortable in starting the rookie more to give Roberto Luongo a break.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)