Oct 18, 2010, 1:18 AM EDT
In what turned out to be a back-and-forth game, the Ducks managed to come out on top thanks to Corey Perry’s third period goal. Rookie Cam Fowler scored his first NHL goal, but left the game early thanks to a crunching hit by Shane Doan. Toni Lydman also scored for Anaheim. Scottie Upshall and Eric Belanger had the goals for Phoenix. Hopefully Upshall found the ice at The Pond to be better than what he skated on at home in Phoenix, to which he complained about and then backpedaled on over Twitter. Jonas Hiller stopped 36 shots in the win while Jason LaBarbera stopped 32 in the loss.
Mason Raymond made the most of his night playing on a line with the Sedin twins scoring two goals in leading the Canucks to an easy win. Mikael Samuelsson and Ryan Kesler each scored their first goals of the season which is surprising that they haven’t scored yet this year. Andrew Alberts also scored his first goal and that’s surprising because it happened at all.
Cory Schneider stopped 32 out of 33 shots he faced, allowing only a Patrick O’Sullivan slap shot to elude him. A steady game from Schneider might just be the thing head coach Alain Vigneault needs to feel more comfortable in starting the rookie more to give Roberto Luongo a break.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)