Oct 18, 2010, 11:22 PM EST
We’re already starting to get a little excited about the 2011 Winter Classic (featuring the Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins, if you don’t already know) here at PHT, but one thing the NHL cannot boast is drawing the largest crowd for an outdoor hockey game.
Nope, that designation will reportedly go to an NCAA outdoor game again. Michigan and Michigan State will celbrate their inner-state college hockey rivalry with “The Big Chill* at the Big House” about a month before the Winter Classic (January 11, 2010 to be exact) and they’ve reportedly sold a staggering 105,585 tickets to the event.
If you want to hear more about the interesting game, click here to watch a video with dramatic music and some history on the two teams. Should be a great time, indeed.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)