Oct 18, 2010, 11:22 PM EDT
We’re already starting to get a little excited about the 2011 Winter Classic (featuring the Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins, if you don’t already know) here at PHT, but one thing the NHL cannot boast is drawing the largest crowd for an outdoor hockey game.
Nope, that designation will reportedly go to an NCAA outdoor game again. Michigan and Michigan State will celbrate their inner-state college hockey rivalry with “The Big Chill* at the Big House” about a month before the Winter Classic (January 11, 2010 to be exact) and they’ve reportedly sold a staggering 105,585 tickets to the event.
If you want to hear more about the interesting game, click here to watch a video with dramatic music and some history on the two teams. Should be a great time, indeed.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 47
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 24
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 21
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 8
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (76)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)