Oct 17, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
As great as Brent Burns’ goal was last night (and it was indeed superb), not enough was made of Ty Conklin’s stunning save for the St. Louis Blues. Like Burns’ feat, it was in a losing effort, but that shouldn’t take away how jaw-dropping it really was. Especially considering the fact that the game was tied and the Blues only lost in a shootout, so this did at least earn the team a point.
Mike Ribeiro might have nightmares about this one. Unlike in most of these highlight reel save situations, the Stars forward actually did lift the puck toward a seemingly open net, only Conklin somehow got his glove on it. It’s absolutely worth a look.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 64
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50