Oct 17, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
As great as Brent Burns’ goal was last night (and it was indeed superb), not enough was made of Ty Conklin’s stunning save for the St. Louis Blues. Like Burns’ feat, it was in a losing effort, but that shouldn’t take away how jaw-dropping it really was. Especially considering the fact that the game was tied and the Blues only lost in a shootout, so this did at least earn the team a point.
Mike Ribeiro might have nightmares about this one. Unlike in most of these highlight reel save situations, the Stars forward actually did lift the puck toward a seemingly open net, only Conklin somehow got his glove on it. It’s absolutely worth a look.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 0
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 9
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 11
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4