Oct 17, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
As great as Brent Burns’ goal was last night (and it was indeed superb), not enough was made of Ty Conklin’s stunning save for the St. Louis Blues. Like Burns’ feat, it was in a losing effort, but that shouldn’t take away how jaw-dropping it really was. Especially considering the fact that the game was tied and the Blues only lost in a shootout, so this did at least earn the team a point.
Mike Ribeiro might have nightmares about this one. Unlike in most of these highlight reel save situations, the Stars forward actually did lift the puck toward a seemingly open net, only Conklin somehow got his glove on it. It’s absolutely worth a look.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 24
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8