Oct 17, 2010, 12:40 PM EST
As great as Brent Burns’ goal was last night (and it was indeed superb), not enough was made of Ty Conklin’s stunning save for the St. Louis Blues. Like Burns’ feat, it was in a losing effort, but that shouldn’t take away how jaw-dropping it really was. Especially considering the fact that the game was tied and the Blues only lost in a shootout, so this did at least earn the team a point.
Mike Ribeiro might have nightmares about this one. Unlike in most of these highlight reel save situations, the Stars forward actually did lift the puck toward a seemingly open net, only Conklin somehow got his glove on it. It’s absolutely worth a look.
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24