Oct 17, 2010, 3:42 PM EDT
Maybe the Vancouver Canucks have some kind of hex on them. Perhaps it’s residual bad karma from the Todd Bertuzzi-Steve Moore incident.
Whatever the case may be, the Canucks blue line is dealing with injury problems yet again this season. New addition Keith Ballard is reportedly suffering from a “slight concussion” after being hit into the boards by Los Angeles Kings center Brad Richardson. Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province shed a little light on the situation.
But in just the Canucks fourth game, Brad Richardson hammered Ballard into the boards. Ballard wobbled off the ice and out of the game. It was revealed Saturday he has what Alain Vigneault called a “slight” concussion.
Slight or not, there is no time frame for Ballard’s return.
So it sounds like Vancouver will be without Ballard’s services for the near future. That’s a tough loss for the slow-starting Canucks, however, if any team can deal with an injured defenseman it’s them. We’ll pass along more news about Ballard’s situation as it comes along.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 4
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 10
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 6
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 27
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)