Oct 17, 2010, 3:42 PM EDT
Maybe the Vancouver Canucks have some kind of hex on them. Perhaps it’s residual bad karma from the Todd Bertuzzi-Steve Moore incident.
Whatever the case may be, the Canucks blue line is dealing with injury problems yet again this season. New addition Keith Ballard is reportedly suffering from a “slight concussion” after being hit into the boards by Los Angeles Kings center Brad Richardson. Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province shed a little light on the situation.
But in just the Canucks fourth game, Brad Richardson hammered Ballard into the boards. Ballard wobbled off the ice and out of the game. It was revealed Saturday he has what Alain Vigneault called a “slight” concussion.
Slight or not, there is no time frame for Ballard’s return.
So it sounds like Vancouver will be without Ballard’s services for the near future. That’s a tough loss for the slow-starting Canucks, however, if any team can deal with an injured defenseman it’s them. We’ll pass along more news about Ballard’s situation as it comes along.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5