Oct 17, 2010, 3:42 PM EDT
Maybe the Vancouver Canucks have some kind of hex on them. Perhaps it’s residual bad karma from the Todd Bertuzzi-Steve Moore incident.
Whatever the case may be, the Canucks blue line is dealing with injury problems yet again this season. New addition Keith Ballard is reportedly suffering from a “slight concussion” after being hit into the boards by Los Angeles Kings center Brad Richardson. Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province shed a little light on the situation.
But in just the Canucks fourth game, Brad Richardson hammered Ballard into the boards. Ballard wobbled off the ice and out of the game. It was revealed Saturday he has what Alain Vigneault called a “slight” concussion.
Slight or not, there is no time frame for Ballard’s return.
So it sounds like Vancouver will be without Ballard’s services for the near future. That’s a tough loss for the slow-starting Canucks, however, if any team can deal with an injured defenseman it’s them. We’ll pass along more news about Ballard’s situation as it comes along.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 41
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 4
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 28
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 14
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination