Oct 17, 2010, 3:42 PM EDT
Maybe the Vancouver Canucks have some kind of hex on them. Perhaps it’s residual bad karma from the Todd Bertuzzi-Steve Moore incident.
Whatever the case may be, the Canucks blue line is dealing with injury problems yet again this season. New addition Keith Ballard is reportedly suffering from a “slight concussion” after being hit into the boards by Los Angeles Kings center Brad Richardson. Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province shed a little light on the situation.
But in just the Canucks fourth game, Brad Richardson hammered Ballard into the boards. Ballard wobbled off the ice and out of the game. It was revealed Saturday he has what Alain Vigneault called a “slight” concussion.
Slight or not, there is no time frame for Ballard’s return.
So it sounds like Vancouver will be without Ballard’s services for the near future. That’s a tough loss for the slow-starting Canucks, however, if any team can deal with an injured defenseman it’s them. We’ll pass along more news about Ballard’s situation as it comes along.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)