Oct 17, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
People often rush to throw out “[blank] of the year” type hype, and maybe this qualifies since we’re barely past the first week of the season. Yet, some goals just need to be seen to be believed.
Minnesota Wild defenseman Brent Burns spent much of his hockey career as a forward, something that’s a lot easier to believe after seeing a goal like this. The Wild ended up losing the game after R.J. Umberger scored a shorthanded goal in the third period, but this goal will probably linger in people’s memories long after the loss dissolves.
Here it is, in all of its crazy-angled splendor.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)