Oct 17, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
People often rush to throw out “[blank] of the year” type hype, and maybe this qualifies since we’re barely past the first week of the season. Yet, some goals just need to be seen to be believed.
Minnesota Wild defenseman Brent Burns spent much of his hockey career as a forward, something that’s a lot easier to believe after seeing a goal like this. The Wild ended up losing the game after R.J. Umberger scored a shorthanded goal in the third period, but this goal will probably linger in people’s memories long after the loss dissolves.
Here it is, in all of its crazy-angled splendor.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 6
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)