Oct 17, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
People often rush to throw out “[blank] of the year” type hype, and maybe this qualifies since we’re barely past the first week of the season. Yet, some goals just need to be seen to be believed.
Minnesota Wild defenseman Brent Burns spent much of his hockey career as a forward, something that’s a lot easier to believe after seeing a goal like this. The Wild ended up losing the game after R.J. Umberger scored a shorthanded goal in the third period, but this goal will probably linger in people’s memories long after the loss dissolves.
Here it is, in all of its crazy-angled splendor.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 11
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 33
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)