Oct 16, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
While the Islanders are trying to bounce back after a tough overtime loss to the Penguins last night, they’ve got some good news to deal with today. The Isles announced that both John Tavares and James Wisniewski will return to the starting lineup tonight for their game against the Colorado Avalanche.
Tavares is returning to action after suffering a mild concussion against the Dallas Stars. With him out of the lineup, Josh Bailey has stepped up to provide offensive support for the ailing Isles. The Islanders, of course, are already without Kyle Okposo and Mark Streit, two injuries that have really hamstrung the team’s offensive production.
Wisniewski is coming back after serving a two-game suspension for delivering an obscene gesture to Rangers forward Sean Avery. While the length of the suspension itself is pretty maddening, the Isles did miss Wisniewski’s presence along the blue line. After all, Streit and Wisniewski are arguably the Islanders top two defensemen and being without them makes life pretty hard. Let’s just hope Wisniewski can keep his fellatio gestures off the ice this time.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)