Oct 16, 2010, 1:15 PM EST
While the Islanders are trying to bounce back after a tough overtime loss to the Penguins last night, they’ve got some good news to deal with today. The Isles announced that both John Tavares and James Wisniewski will return to the starting lineup tonight for their game against the Colorado Avalanche.
Tavares is returning to action after suffering a mild concussion against the Dallas Stars. With him out of the lineup, Josh Bailey has stepped up to provide offensive support for the ailing Isles. The Islanders, of course, are already without Kyle Okposo and Mark Streit, two injuries that have really hamstrung the team’s offensive production.
Wisniewski is coming back after serving a two-game suspension for delivering an obscene gesture to Rangers forward Sean Avery. While the length of the suspension itself is pretty maddening, the Isles did miss Wisniewski’s presence along the blue line. After all, Streit and Wisniewski are arguably the Islanders top two defensemen and being without them makes life pretty hard. Let’s just hope Wisniewski can keep his fellatio gestures off the ice this time.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 1
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 8
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 31
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46