Oct 16, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
While the Islanders are trying to bounce back after a tough overtime loss to the Penguins last night, they’ve got some good news to deal with today. The Isles announced that both John Tavares and James Wisniewski will return to the starting lineup tonight for their game against the Colorado Avalanche.
Tavares is returning to action after suffering a mild concussion against the Dallas Stars. With him out of the lineup, Josh Bailey has stepped up to provide offensive support for the ailing Isles. The Islanders, of course, are already without Kyle Okposo and Mark Streit, two injuries that have really hamstrung the team’s offensive production.
Wisniewski is coming back after serving a two-game suspension for delivering an obscene gesture to Rangers forward Sean Avery. While the length of the suspension itself is pretty maddening, the Isles did miss Wisniewski’s presence along the blue line. After all, Streit and Wisniewski are arguably the Islanders top two defensemen and being without them makes life pretty hard. Let’s just hope Wisniewski can keep his fellatio gestures off the ice this time.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 14
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 15
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39