Oct 16, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
While the Islanders are trying to bounce back after a tough overtime loss to the Penguins last night, they’ve got some good news to deal with today. The Isles announced that both John Tavares and James Wisniewski will return to the starting lineup tonight for their game against the Colorado Avalanche.
Tavares is returning to action after suffering a mild concussion against the Dallas Stars. With him out of the lineup, Josh Bailey has stepped up to provide offensive support for the ailing Isles. The Islanders, of course, are already without Kyle Okposo and Mark Streit, two injuries that have really hamstrung the team’s offensive production.
Wisniewski is coming back after serving a two-game suspension for delivering an obscene gesture to Rangers forward Sean Avery. While the length of the suspension itself is pretty maddening, the Isles did miss Wisniewski’s presence along the blue line. After all, Streit and Wisniewski are arguably the Islanders top two defensemen and being without them makes life pretty hard. Let’s just hope Wisniewski can keep his fellatio gestures off the ice this time.
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 5
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 24
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 35
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24