Oct 16, 2010, 2:38 PM EDT
Discouraging news for the Capitals today as they’ll be without the services of defenseman Mike Green tonight against Nashville. Green left their game on Wednesday against the Islanders with what appeared to be a shoulder injury. Also missing tonight’s game for Washington is defenseman Tom Poti who is out with a lower body injury. Jumping into the lineup to take his place is Brian Fahey who was called up from AHL Hershey today.
Missing both Green and Poti will produce quite the challenge for Washington facing off against the Predators in Nashville. Nashville is unbeaten so far this year and playing some tough hockey on top of it all. The Predators will be without Martin Erat again tonight and possibly Matt Lombardi as well. Meanwhile, Anders Lindback will make his third start in a row in goal. Injured starting goalie Pekka Rinne did practice today and figures he’ll be good to go by Tuesday.
Michal Neuvirth will make his fifth consecutive start in goal for Washington.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)