Oct 16, 2010, 2:38 PM EDT
Discouraging news for the Capitals today as they’ll be without the services of defenseman Mike Green tonight against Nashville. Green left their game on Wednesday against the Islanders with what appeared to be a shoulder injury. Also missing tonight’s game for Washington is defenseman Tom Poti who is out with a lower body injury. Jumping into the lineup to take his place is Brian Fahey who was called up from AHL Hershey today.
Missing both Green and Poti will produce quite the challenge for Washington facing off against the Predators in Nashville. Nashville is unbeaten so far this year and playing some tough hockey on top of it all. The Predators will be without Martin Erat again tonight and possibly Matt Lombardi as well. Meanwhile, Anders Lindback will make his third start in a row in goal. Injured starting goalie Pekka Rinne did practice today and figures he’ll be good to go by Tuesday.
Michal Neuvirth will make his fifth consecutive start in goal for Washington.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)