Oct 16, 2010, 2:38 PM EDT
Discouraging news for the Capitals today as they’ll be without the services of defenseman Mike Green tonight against Nashville. Green left their game on Wednesday against the Islanders with what appeared to be a shoulder injury. Also missing tonight’s game for Washington is defenseman Tom Poti who is out with a lower body injury. Jumping into the lineup to take his place is Brian Fahey who was called up from AHL Hershey today.
Missing both Green and Poti will produce quite the challenge for Washington facing off against the Predators in Nashville. Nashville is unbeaten so far this year and playing some tough hockey on top of it all. The Predators will be without Martin Erat again tonight and possibly Matt Lombardi as well. Meanwhile, Anders Lindback will make his third start in a row in goal. Injured starting goalie Pekka Rinne did practice today and figures he’ll be good to go by Tuesday.
Michal Neuvirth will make his fifth consecutive start in goal for Washington.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 23
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 108
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 78
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (110)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)