Oct 16, 2010, 2:38 PM EDT
Discouraging news for the Capitals today as they’ll be without the services of defenseman Mike Green tonight against Nashville. Green left their game on Wednesday against the Islanders with what appeared to be a shoulder injury. Also missing tonight’s game for Washington is defenseman Tom Poti who is out with a lower body injury. Jumping into the lineup to take his place is Brian Fahey who was called up from AHL Hershey today.
Missing both Green and Poti will produce quite the challenge for Washington facing off against the Predators in Nashville. Nashville is unbeaten so far this year and playing some tough hockey on top of it all. The Predators will be without Martin Erat again tonight and possibly Matt Lombardi as well. Meanwhile, Anders Lindback will make his third start in a row in goal. Injured starting goalie Pekka Rinne did practice today and figures he’ll be good to go by Tuesday.
Michal Neuvirth will make his fifth consecutive start in goal for Washington.
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Eastern Conference Final Game 7 6
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 30
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 53
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (53)