Oct 16, 2010, 2:38 PM EDT
Discouraging news for the Capitals today as they’ll be without the services of defenseman Mike Green tonight against Nashville. Green left their game on Wednesday against the Islanders with what appeared to be a shoulder injury. Also missing tonight’s game for Washington is defenseman Tom Poti who is out with a lower body injury. Jumping into the lineup to take his place is Brian Fahey who was called up from AHL Hershey today.
Missing both Green and Poti will produce quite the challenge for Washington facing off against the Predators in Nashville. Nashville is unbeaten so far this year and playing some tough hockey on top of it all. The Predators will be without Martin Erat again tonight and possibly Matt Lombardi as well. Meanwhile, Anders Lindback will make his third start in a row in goal. Injured starting goalie Pekka Rinne did practice today and figures he’ll be good to go by Tuesday.
Michal Neuvirth will make his fifth consecutive start in goal for Washington.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)