Oct 15, 2010, 9:33 PM EDT
A couple of tough notes for the Rangers out of their game against the Maple Leafs tonight as both Marian Gaborik and Chris Drury left the game in the second period with injuries.
Gaborik left after taking a hard hit from Colby Armstrong. Gaborik was seen favoring his shoulder and did not return to action. Be sure to check out video of the hit that we’ve got for you here.
Chris Drury was playing in his first game of the season and it lasted until the second period when he left the game with an injury to his left finger. Drury was coming back sooner than expected from a broken finger injury suffered early in training camp after blocking a shot in a preseason game. Unfortunately for Drury and Rangers fans, the injury comes to the same digit.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40