Oct 15, 2010, 9:33 PM EDT
A couple of tough notes for the Rangers out of their game against the Maple Leafs tonight as both Marian Gaborik and Chris Drury left the game in the second period with injuries.
Gaborik left after taking a hard hit from Colby Armstrong. Gaborik was seen favoring his shoulder and did not return to action. Be sure to check out video of the hit that we’ve got for you here.
Chris Drury was playing in his first game of the season and it lasted until the second period when he left the game with an injury to his left finger. Drury was coming back sooner than expected from a broken finger injury suffered early in training camp after blocking a shot in a preseason game. Unfortunately for Drury and Rangers fans, the injury comes to the same digit.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)