Oct 15, 2010, 9:33 PM EDT
A couple of tough notes for the Rangers out of their game against the Maple Leafs tonight as both Marian Gaborik and Chris Drury left the game in the second period with injuries.
Gaborik left after taking a hard hit from Colby Armstrong. Gaborik was seen favoring his shoulder and did not return to action. Be sure to check out video of the hit that we’ve got for you here.
Chris Drury was playing in his first game of the season and it lasted until the second period when he left the game with an injury to his left finger. Drury was coming back sooner than expected from a broken finger injury suffered early in training camp after blocking a shot in a preseason game. Unfortunately for Drury and Rangers fans, the injury comes to the same digit.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)