Oct 15, 2010, 9:33 PM EDT
A couple of tough notes for the Rangers out of their game against the Maple Leafs tonight as both Marian Gaborik and Chris Drury left the game in the second period with injuries.
Gaborik left after taking a hard hit from Colby Armstrong. Gaborik was seen favoring his shoulder and did not return to action. Be sure to check out video of the hit that we’ve got for you here.
Chris Drury was playing in his first game of the season and it lasted until the second period when he left the game with an injury to his left finger. Drury was coming back sooner than expected from a broken finger injury suffered early in training camp after blocking a shot in a preseason game. Unfortunately for Drury and Rangers fans, the injury comes to the same digit.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 9
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)