Oct 15, 2010, 10:49 AM EST
Former Edmonton Oilers owner Peter Pocklington has been dealing with some legal issues lately, as the man many people blame for The Wayne Gretzky Trade pleaded guilty for perjury charges in a bankruptcy case.
Pocklington was supposed to find out what kind of sentence he will face – he’s hoping to avoid jail time in favor of going under house arrest, probation, paying fines or some combination of the three – on Thursday but apparently the judge postponed that sentencing date.
U.S. District Judge Virginia Philipps reset the hearing for Oct. 27 after admonishing Pocklington’s attorney for filing the 78-page document just a few days ago.
Outside court, attorney Brent Romney said he knew he filed late but wanted to give the judge the most up-to-date information about Pocklington’s cooperation with authorities in his bankruptcy case.
It never sounds very good when a judge is “admonishing” your attorney, but I am not going to pretend that I have any legal expertise right now. Seeing the mighty fall is often a strange sensation, yet you wonder if there is a feeling of Schadenfreude among Canadian hockey fans. We’ll pass along information as it trickles through in about two weeks.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 0
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 52
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (54)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)