Oct 14, 2010, 8:02 PM EDT
While it’s not a guarantee that he will actually play this weekend, things are looking up for Washington Capitals Semyon Varlamov. Coach Bruce Boudreau said he is expected to dress for Saturday’s game against the Nashville Predators, according to Katie Carrera of the Washington Post.
“Unless something crazy happens tomorrow he’ll be dressing for Saturday’s game,” said Boudreau, who wouldn’t divulge whether Varlamov would start in Nashville. “I think, but I’m not telling.”
Varlamov, who has been hampered by a groin injury, participated in full practices and drills all week and said a few times that he felt ready to go. Now it appears as though he will have that chance sooner rather than later.
Again, it doesn’t necessarily mean that Varlamov is going to start right away. He could just end up backing up Michal Neuvirth, who is 3-1 as the Capitals’ interim unquestioned starter so far this season. If you need a little more substance to support the rumor, Carrera also passed along Bob MacKenzie’s report that the Capitals put temporary backup Dany Sabourin on waivers.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 0
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 105
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (106)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)