Oct 14, 2010, 8:02 PM EST
While it’s not a guarantee that he will actually play this weekend, things are looking up for Washington Capitals Semyon Varlamov. Coach Bruce Boudreau said he is expected to dress for Saturday’s game against the Nashville Predators, according to Katie Carrera of the Washington Post.
“Unless something crazy happens tomorrow he’ll be dressing for Saturday’s game,” said Boudreau, who wouldn’t divulge whether Varlamov would start in Nashville. “I think, but I’m not telling.”
Varlamov, who has been hampered by a groin injury, participated in full practices and drills all week and said a few times that he felt ready to go. Now it appears as though he will have that chance sooner rather than later.
Again, it doesn’t necessarily mean that Varlamov is going to start right away. He could just end up backing up Michal Neuvirth, who is 3-1 as the Capitals’ interim unquestioned starter so far this season. If you need a little more substance to support the rumor, Carrera also passed along Bob MacKenzie’s report that the Capitals put temporary backup Dany Sabourin on waivers.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)