Oct 14, 2010, 8:02 PM EST
While it’s not a guarantee that he will actually play this weekend, things are looking up for Washington Capitals Semyon Varlamov. Coach Bruce Boudreau said he is expected to dress for Saturday’s game against the Nashville Predators, according to Katie Carrera of the Washington Post.
“Unless something crazy happens tomorrow he’ll be dressing for Saturday’s game,” said Boudreau, who wouldn’t divulge whether Varlamov would start in Nashville. “I think, but I’m not telling.”
Varlamov, who has been hampered by a groin injury, participated in full practices and drills all week and said a few times that he felt ready to go. Now it appears as though he will have that chance sooner rather than later.
Again, it doesn’t necessarily mean that Varlamov is going to start right away. He could just end up backing up Michal Neuvirth, who is 3-1 as the Capitals’ interim unquestioned starter so far this season. If you need a little more substance to support the rumor, Carrera also passed along Bob MacKenzie’s report that the Capitals put temporary backup Dany Sabourin on waivers.
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 0
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)