Oct 14, 2010, 10:13 PM EDT
In the interest of tidying things up a bit tonight, here a few minor bits of injury news for the Buffalo Sabres and Columbus Blue Jackets.
- The Buffalo News passes along the word from Sabres coach Lindy Ruff that former Washington Capitals defenseman Shaone Morrisonn will miss Friday’s game (and possibly Saturday’s as well) with a groin injury. John Vogl writes that Chris Butler or Mike Weber should take his place, with “early signs” pointing to Butler.
- First, the good news for the Blue Jackets: The Columbus Post-Dispatch reports that R.J. Umberger will play in the team’s home opener against Chicago tomorrow despite dealing with some sort of ailment. (He apparently won’t share what’s bothering him).
- Unfortunately, bruising forward Jared Boll will not play against the Blackhawks and Aaron Portzline writes that it is “highly unlikely” that he’ll play in Saturday’s game as well. Boll’s injury leaves the Blue Jackets with a slight conundrum, roster-wise:
Arniel’s not saying if he’ll go with 11 forwards and seven defensemen as he did for Game No. 2 in Sweden. If so, forwards Chris Clark and Kyle Wilson are the likely scratches for a thrid straight game.
If he goes with the traditional look — 12 forwards, six defensemen — it looks as if Wilson and defenseman Mike Commodore will be scratches. That’s how it appeared watching practice today.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)