Oct 14, 2010, 10:13 PM EDT
In the interest of tidying things up a bit tonight, here a few minor bits of injury news for the Buffalo Sabres and Columbus Blue Jackets.
- The Buffalo News passes along the word from Sabres coach Lindy Ruff that former Washington Capitals defenseman Shaone Morrisonn will miss Friday’s game (and possibly Saturday’s as well) with a groin injury. John Vogl writes that Chris Butler or Mike Weber should take his place, with “early signs” pointing to Butler.
- First, the good news for the Blue Jackets: The Columbus Post-Dispatch reports that R.J. Umberger will play in the team’s home opener against Chicago tomorrow despite dealing with some sort of ailment. (He apparently won’t share what’s bothering him).
- Unfortunately, bruising forward Jared Boll will not play against the Blackhawks and Aaron Portzline writes that it is “highly unlikely” that he’ll play in Saturday’s game as well. Boll’s injury leaves the Blue Jackets with a slight conundrum, roster-wise:
Arniel’s not saying if he’ll go with 11 forwards and seven defensemen as he did for Game No. 2 in Sweden. If so, forwards Chris Clark and Kyle Wilson are the likely scratches for a thrid straight game.
If he goes with the traditional look — 12 forwards, six defensemen — it looks as if Wilson and defenseman Mike Commodore will be scratches. That’s how it appeared watching practice today.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 12
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 36
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6