Oct 14, 2010, 10:13 PM EDT
In the interest of tidying things up a bit tonight, here a few minor bits of injury news for the Buffalo Sabres and Columbus Blue Jackets.
- The Buffalo News passes along the word from Sabres coach Lindy Ruff that former Washington Capitals defenseman Shaone Morrisonn will miss Friday’s game (and possibly Saturday’s as well) with a groin injury. John Vogl writes that Chris Butler or Mike Weber should take his place, with “early signs” pointing to Butler.
- First, the good news for the Blue Jackets: The Columbus Post-Dispatch reports that R.J. Umberger will play in the team’s home opener against Chicago tomorrow despite dealing with some sort of ailment. (He apparently won’t share what’s bothering him).
- Unfortunately, bruising forward Jared Boll will not play against the Blackhawks and Aaron Portzline writes that it is “highly unlikely” that he’ll play in Saturday’s game as well. Boll’s injury leaves the Blue Jackets with a slight conundrum, roster-wise:
Arniel’s not saying if he’ll go with 11 forwards and seven defensemen as he did for Game No. 2 in Sweden. If so, forwards Chris Clark and Kyle Wilson are the likely scratches for a thrid straight game.
If he goes with the traditional look — 12 forwards, six defensemen — it looks as if Wilson and defenseman Mike Commodore will be scratches. That’s how it appeared watching practice today.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)