Oct 14, 2010, 10:13 PM EST
In the interest of tidying things up a bit tonight, here a few minor bits of injury news for the Buffalo Sabres and Columbus Blue Jackets.
- The Buffalo News passes along the word from Sabres coach Lindy Ruff that former Washington Capitals defenseman Shaone Morrisonn will miss Friday’s game (and possibly Saturday’s as well) with a groin injury. John Vogl writes that Chris Butler or Mike Weber should take his place, with “early signs” pointing to Butler.
- First, the good news for the Blue Jackets: The Columbus Post-Dispatch reports that R.J. Umberger will play in the team’s home opener against Chicago tomorrow despite dealing with some sort of ailment. (He apparently won’t share what’s bothering him).
- Unfortunately, bruising forward Jared Boll will not play against the Blackhawks and Aaron Portzline writes that it is “highly unlikely” that he’ll play in Saturday’s game as well. Boll’s injury leaves the Blue Jackets with a slight conundrum, roster-wise:
Arniel’s not saying if he’ll go with 11 forwards and seven defensemen as he did for Game No. 2 in Sweden. If so, forwards Chris Clark and Kyle Wilson are the likely scratches for a thrid straight game.
If he goes with the traditional look — 12 forwards, six defensemen — it looks as if Wilson and defenseman Mike Commodore will be scratches. That’s how it appeared watching practice today.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2