Oct 14, 2010, 10:13 PM EST
In the interest of tidying things up a bit tonight, here a few minor bits of injury news for the Buffalo Sabres and Columbus Blue Jackets.
- The Buffalo News passes along the word from Sabres coach Lindy Ruff that former Washington Capitals defenseman Shaone Morrisonn will miss Friday’s game (and possibly Saturday’s as well) with a groin injury. John Vogl writes that Chris Butler or Mike Weber should take his place, with “early signs” pointing to Butler.
- First, the good news for the Blue Jackets: The Columbus Post-Dispatch reports that R.J. Umberger will play in the team’s home opener against Chicago tomorrow despite dealing with some sort of ailment. (He apparently won’t share what’s bothering him).
- Unfortunately, bruising forward Jared Boll will not play against the Blackhawks and Aaron Portzline writes that it is “highly unlikely” that he’ll play in Saturday’s game as well. Boll’s injury leaves the Blue Jackets with a slight conundrum, roster-wise:
Arniel’s not saying if he’ll go with 11 forwards and seven defensemen as he did for Game No. 2 in Sweden. If so, forwards Chris Clark and Kyle Wilson are the likely scratches for a thrid straight game.
If he goes with the traditional look — 12 forwards, six defensemen — it looks as if Wilson and defenseman Mike Commodore will be scratches. That’s how it appeared watching practice today.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 18
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 5
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 15
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 10
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4