Oct 13, 2010, 1:47 AM EDT
Back in May when then Kings assistant coach Mark Hardy was arrested for sexual abuse against his daughter, we expected an ugly incident to get an equally as ugly trial. As things can sometimes happen when dealing with the courts and the legal wranglings therein, things are not going to turn that way. After going through the awkward motions of dealing with such a seemingly ugly incident, the charges against Hardy are being dropped.
A charge of felony fourth-degree sexual abuse against former Kings assistant coach Mark Hardy has been dismissed in Washington.
Craig Renetzky, an attorney of Hardy’s, said by phone Tuesday that his client was happy and relieved.
“He’s very appreciative of the support he’s gotten from friends, family and fans,” Renetzky said, “and he’s really looking forward to moving on with his life.”
We don’t know exactly what happened with Hardy and his 21 year-old daughter, but prosecutors opted to not pursue the case against Hardy. In late June, Hardy’s attorney sought to get the charge against him reduced and now the case has been dropped entirely. You can’t help but feel that perhaps this was a family squabble that got way too out of hand. As for what’s next for Hardy, he’s hoping to get back into coaching hockey.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 26
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 70
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (70)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)