Oct 13, 2010, 1:47 AM EDT
Back in May when then Kings assistant coach Mark Hardy was arrested for sexual abuse against his daughter, we expected an ugly incident to get an equally as ugly trial. As things can sometimes happen when dealing with the courts and the legal wranglings therein, things are not going to turn that way. After going through the awkward motions of dealing with such a seemingly ugly incident, the charges against Hardy are being dropped.
A charge of felony fourth-degree sexual abuse against former Kings assistant coach Mark Hardy has been dismissed in Washington.
Craig Renetzky, an attorney of Hardy’s, said by phone Tuesday that his client was happy and relieved.
“He’s very appreciative of the support he’s gotten from friends, family and fans,” Renetzky said, “and he’s really looking forward to moving on with his life.”
We don’t know exactly what happened with Hardy and his 21 year-old daughter, but prosecutors opted to not pursue the case against Hardy. In late June, Hardy’s attorney sought to get the charge against him reduced and now the case has been dropped entirely. You can’t help but feel that perhaps this was a family squabble that got way too out of hand. As for what’s next for Hardy, he’s hoping to get back into coaching hockey.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)