Oct 13, 2010, 1:47 AM EDT
Back in May when then Kings assistant coach Mark Hardy was arrested for sexual abuse against his daughter, we expected an ugly incident to get an equally as ugly trial. As things can sometimes happen when dealing with the courts and the legal wranglings therein, things are not going to turn that way. After going through the awkward motions of dealing with such a seemingly ugly incident, the charges against Hardy are being dropped.
A charge of felony fourth-degree sexual abuse against former Kings assistant coach Mark Hardy has been dismissed in Washington.
Craig Renetzky, an attorney of Hardy’s, said by phone Tuesday that his client was happy and relieved.
“He’s very appreciative of the support he’s gotten from friends, family and fans,” Renetzky said, “and he’s really looking forward to moving on with his life.”
We don’t know exactly what happened with Hardy and his 21 year-old daughter, but prosecutors opted to not pursue the case against Hardy. In late June, Hardy’s attorney sought to get the charge against him reduced and now the case has been dropped entirely. You can’t help but feel that perhaps this was a family squabble that got way too out of hand. As for what’s next for Hardy, he’s hoping to get back into coaching hockey.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 1
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 11
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)